Mobile iOS: Lots of crashes.

JGinDC

Terrarian
Since Tuesday morning's update, the following two things have occurred:

1. Starting Tuesday evening, whenever I started a game with my one character, the game would load and I would see about 1/4 second of my player in the world, and then the app would crash. This happened regardless of which of my three worlds I started. (I created a new character, but I'd really like to play my first one.)

2. Starting earlier this evening, the app now freezes and then crashes when I press the "Play" button on the very first menu screen.

In both instances, I have shut down and restarted the app several times, as well as rebooting my phone, but those actions do not make the game stop crashing.

I'm running iOS 8.3 (12F70) on an iPhone 6 Plus.

I'm seeing lots of crashes also. And when the game does run, all my recipes are gone.

Tonight it got even worse when my cloud saved player won't even open. I can't even get to the cloud save screen!

Since the update, my game glitches and crashed, but allowed me to play. Then, items in inventory and in chests wouldn't render onscreen immediately. Also, lots of lagging before I'm finally crashed out. Apparently there's a way of extracting two (maybe more for multiple worlds and multiple player characters, using iFunbox), files before uninstalling and reinstalling Terraria iOS. If anyone knows the exact method, please inform us. I've got much that I really would like to keep.

Thanx for any help

By the way, I used iFunbox to install the previous version of Terraria, which worked to play, but displayed a message that the character and world were incompatible with the older version.

I erased and restored from a backup made yesterday, pre Terraria iOS, 7445 (Ver. 1.2.7901) and was able to play. I fell into lava and now cannot get past the Play button. Perhaps this is significant. It is for certain that the CODERS have made a huge and serious blunder here by not playtesting this release, pre-release, and not by destroying Terrarians' game saves. We paid for this game. Why are we now playtesting for the developers? Our complaints are certainly heard with bad reviews on the App Store. But should this become the norm? That players who've paid for a game to become its playtesters? Anyway, the bigger picture is that people need to stop playing until these newer and more disastrous bugs have been squashed. YOU COULD LOSE YOUR GAMES, INCLUDING CHARACTERS AND WORLDS.

Same for me I cannot load my cloud character and so deleted It and reinstalled but now I'm back to pre hard mode and once played it now crashes on opening the app. This is on lysine the Easter update on iOS on my iphone6.

Thanks but I followed the steps but don't know how's hat to do on step 4 after it says about typing in %appdata% which I've done but now I'm stuck

I have terraria for the iPad mini and it runs iOS 8.3 and lost everything, all my characters and worlds.
I reinstalled it and ever time I try to play it crashes

I have terraria for the iPad mini and it runs iOS 8.3 and lost everything, all my characters and worlds.
I reinstalled it and ever time I try to play it crashes
So far all the people who have had problems seem to be on 8.3. My wife is running 8.1 and isn't having any issues.

Well darn. I have an iPhone 5s 8.3 and It's crashing. Wife has 8.1 and iPhone 5C and it's not.
Sounds like it's the hardware. I'm running on an iPhone 5c on 8.3 and I haven't seen a crash (using piggy banks/safes or loading characters) I think 5c was among the last devices to run on a 32 bit system.

Sounds like it's the hardware. I'm running on an iPhone 5c on 8.3 and I haven't seen a crash (using piggy banks/safes or loading characters) I think 5c was among the last devices to run on a 32 bit system.

Yep, seems so. Have you tried with Cloud saved character as well? (15+ minutes)

//daniel-san

Back
Top Bottom