Is it moral to cheat for the purpose of testing

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Vastwindguy

Steampunker
I'd like to know as I've cheated to get wiring on my main, but I started to do an engineer run. However, due to the low skill of my guy, I can't really make effective traps, so I was wondering if it was ok for my Main to cheat and build in a separate world, so I know what to do w/ my engineer Legit.

If you're using mods it's fine, as long as it's okay with you. But hacking shouldn't ever be used. Modding is obviously okay with the Terraria developers since they have a whole section of TCF dedicated to modding. But like I said before, don't ever hack.

I'd like to know as I've cheated to get wiring on my main, but I started to do an engineer run. However, due to the low skill of my guy, I can't really make effective traps, so I was wondering if it was ok for my Main to cheat and build in a separate world, so I know what to do w/ my engineer Legit.
do whatever you like, as long as you dont bother others. cheating/hacking is fine as long as you keep the stuff to yourself or others who agree to using them.
nobody can force you to stop hacking/cracking/cheating/pirating or whatever... thats the kind of world we live in

you only have to live with the consequences, since there are people who dont like those actions.

Frankly if you're doing it in single player, I think anything is acceptable. I wouldn't call it immoral to cheat just because you want powerful equipment, as long as you're not involving other people... I just wouldn't have any interest in doing that since it defeats to purpose of playing a game in the first place.

Thanks all for the help, like I said, I didn't know if this would be frowned upon. However I am doing a legitimate Engineer run, so no cheats for that one. It's been hard.

can't see why anybody would care if you're doing it in single player anyway

"oh noes you're having badwrongfun call the poliece"

although for a "challange run" it kinda defeats the purpose unless it's part of the challange.

and I can't see what anything you do before the run would matter either, unless you're keeping the items.

or how you'd expect anybody to know you tried test builds or why it'd matter

also it'd be fairly hipocritical since people build and stripmine entire worlds on a regular basis and "the community" seems to consider that ok

Thanks all for the help, like I said, I didn't know if this would be frowned upon. However I am doing a legitimate Engineer run, so no cheats for that one. It's been hard.
No the challenge run is completely untouched by cheats, I only use my Main for cheats

Back
Top Bottom