PC Is it possible to use different kinds of ammunition with different ranged weapons?

wantfastcars

Terrarian
Hey all! I bought the PC version of Terraria around Christmas. I've only played one world so far, but my friends and I are post-Plantera. So, I'm not a colossal noob, just a large one. I think the best way to clarify what I mean is with an example. Say I have in my inventory two guns - a Venus Magnum and a Megashark. In my Inventory I have two different kinds of bullets - a stack of Crystal Bullets and a stack of Chlorophyte Bullets. Is there a way to make the Megashark use the Chlorophyte Bullets and the Venus Magnum use the Crystal Bullets, without losing one from my inventory? Basically, I want to be able to use my Venus Magnum against large, slow targets or targets with predictable attack paths (Mourning Wood, Fighter AI enemies, etc.), then be able to switch to my Megashark for more agile enemies (like Pumpking or Fishron). Is that possible, or do I have to either drop one stack or expend one sort of ammo before I can use the other?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Unfortunately all weapons will always use the first available ammo type. So you can't load gun x with ammo x and gun y with ammo y.
You'll have to swap ammo in your inventory while fighting, making sure the ammo you want to use is in the top slot. :)

Unfortunately all weapons will always use the first available ammo type. So you can't load gun x with ammo x and gun y with ammo y.
You'll have to swap ammo in your inventory while fighting, making sure the ammo you want to use is in the top slot. :)
Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I was afraid of - is it possible to manage my inventory with keystrokes? If it is, I could bind a macro that would swap which bullet was first when I changed guns. As far as I'm aware though, inventory can only be managed via mouse.

Nope. Would be nice though. :)
I think someone made a suggestion somewhere about how ammunition could be handled. Somewhere.

But for now we'll have to do it the clicky-mouse way. :)

don't forget to show your support there!;)
Of course!

... how exactly do I do that? Is there a specific thing I have to do or do I just go there and say "I support this" (or something of that nature)? Also it's not bad juju to bump threads that have gone over a month since their last post, is it?

Of course!

... how exactly do I do that? Is there a specific thing I have to do or do I just go there and say "I support this" (or something of that nature)? Also it's not bad juju to bump threads that have gone over a month since their last post, is it?
Its not bad to bump threads, but its generally a good idea to avoid just post "I support this" if you can.

don't forget to show your support there!;)
Indeed. It's actually a pity that that suggestion is only one page and last commented on 2 december.
It deserves more attention in my opinion.
I also forgot to like it back then. Stupid me.
Of course!

You can leave a comment if you like, but be sure to like the actual suggestion post. :)

Back
Top Bottom