Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Ok, so like, I cant obtain the cavern pylon. In the picture, you can see, that me and my base are clearly in the cavern biome, background is cavern, music is cavern, the only thing that is not cavern for some reason - water. But the NPCs which are located in that biome sell the desert pylon instead of the cavern one! Like, wtf? How do I even obtain that pylon? Please fix that.
1590836638529.png

It's most likely because of lots of sand nearby?
It wouldn't count the area "underground desert" if you're not in front of background walls associated with that biome (so, sandstone walls mostly) but a very large pile of sand can make it so that the game thinks it's a desert. Although, the music would indicate that, I think.

It's most likely because of lots of sand nearby?
It wouldn't count the area "underground desert" if you're not in front of background walls associated with that biome (so, sandstone walls mostly) but a very large pile of sand can make it so that the game thinks it's a desert. Although, the music would indicate that, I think.
The music is from cavern, not from
UD.

The music is from cavern, not from
UD.
it wouldn't be "underground desert" any way without the special walls that make up the underground desert biome. it still could be a "desert" biome that happens to be underground. so, an underground "desert" not an "underground desert". XD

I get it though that you hear cavern music. but, what if you move a bit to the sides? is it still underground music? what if you get rid of some of the sand deposits nearby?

it wouldn't be "underground desert" any way without the special walls that make up the underground desert biome. it still could be a "desert" biome that happens to be underground. so, an underground "desert" not an "underground desert". XD

I get it though that you hear cavern music. but, what if you move a bit to the sides? is it still underground music? what if you get rid of some of the sand deposits nearby?
Alright, I cleaned some of them (thanks demolitionist), took a looong time, but now I moved the underground "desert" to the left a bit. And no, even if I am standing on sand music is still cavern. The only thing that is different - water.

Alright, I cleaned some of them (thanks demolitionist), took a looong time, but now I moved the underground "desert" to the left a bit. And no, even if I am standing on sand music is still cavern. The only thing that is different - water.
What music plays there, and, still no cavern pillar? then the game might not count the area as that? it seems the game mostly only considers generic cavern as "cavern", no areas like underground snow, underground hallow, etc. (however if you can buy the cavern pillar, it do seems to work even if the area is hallowed. but NPCs only sell it in generic underground, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom