Is there a drm free version available for Steam users?

Kitanode

Terrarian
(i meant drm not dlc!)

Hi, i'm really looking forward to trying all the latest additions to Terraria but i havn't had internet access at home since last June so i cant update it via Steam.

So i was wondering if folk who play Terraria on Steam can maybe also download the latest version from the website ? (like a drm free version)

The game is part of my Steam library which anyone can view i think and i use the same username and email address on both Steam and this website.

that's ok, i don't expect there to be such an option but i thought i would ask just in the off-chance

DRM
'DRM' stands for Digital Rights Management, and it refers to a type of encryption applied to files to tie them to a particular user – it's one of the mechanisms publishers use to try to prevent piracy.

By that definition I am completely confused at what your asking for.

There is no DRM-Free version available from Steam, however there is on GOG. This would require you to buy the game again, though.
Also the latest version came out last May, so you should still have the most recent version.

With no internet access, getting updates would be pretty much impossible.

As noted, GOG provides a DRM-free option if that is your concern...but will require another purchase.

We would not be able to email files to people (which would require internet which kinda defeats the point :p )

Like my posts if they were helpful :D
Please don't beg for likes, it's against forum rules.

----

Even purchasing from GOG would require a temporary internet connection to purchase/download it; in that time, you could get the Steam updates (though, you'd still need occasional net access to verify it).

Without a reliable net connection, the GOG version sounds like your best bet, if you can borrow a trusted connection long enough to purchase and download it. You'd need a connection again later to get more updates in the future. You might also need OS updates that you haven't been getting to allow it to run correctly. Sorry to say it, but the days of completely net-free gaming are in the past. Hopefully, somewhere here you can find a solution that works for you.

You might as well get used to the DRM. Eventually competition will smooth everything down but DRM isn't going anywhere.

Pirates vs Greedy peope = Put on a helmet.

Then take your computer to the local libary Lol thats solution solved unless the libary dosen't have good internet ^

Back
Top Bottom