tModLoader Is there a mod or any way to know which mod are NPCs from?

koseitan666

Terrarian
I am playing with multiple mods and I have a specific NPC that I don't know who he is or where he cames from. He has an empty shop, says weird things and it's a bit annoying.

I think that maybe if I know which is the mod that implements him, I can kill him and disable the mod. I just want him out of my world!

Edit: I'm attaching a screenshot just in case someone recognises this "Teleporter Man". (Content warning: swearing, terrorism)

UPDATE: I saw that WMITF actually lets you know about NPCs and yes, this was Pylon NPC. Problem solved :)

Attachments

• teleporter man.PNG
    teleporter man.PNG
    218.6 KB · Views: 102
  • mean.PNG
    mean.PNG
    200.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
What mods do you have enabled? You can go to downloaded mods and see what they add, if one of them have an NPC or two then it could be that, I don't know if WMITF (What Mod Is This From) can show you what mod NPCs are from but you could give it a try.

Attachments

• Terraria_ Obsessive-Compulsive Discovery Simulator 8_19_2021 2_39_02 PM.png
    Terraria_ Obsessive-Compulsive Discovery Simulator 8_19_2021 2_39_02 PM.png
    363.9 KB · Views: 91
What mods do you have enabled? You can go to downloaded mods and see what they add, if one of them have an NPC or two then it could be that, I don't know if WMITF (What Mod Is This From) can show you what mod NPCs are from but you could give it a try.
I use WMITF for objects, but afaik it doesn't work with NPCs. The Mods List shows you how many NPCs adds every mood indeed, but those may be villagers, monsters or bosses, and doesn't tell you which are the NPCs added. I use ~52 mods usually, of which 24 add new NPCs according to the Mods list. I suspect that it *may* be Pylon NPC because I checked the big/serious mod wikis (like Calamity, Pinkymod...) and in none of them is this villager listed.
But to make sure it's a specific mod, I have to manually disable the suspicious one(s), meet the spawn conditions which I don't even know, and check that Teleporter Man doesn't spawn.

Back
Top Bottom