tModLoader Is there a way to easily swap between vanilla and modded terraria?

Spoopyro

Skeletron
I'm currently doing a vanilla run with my friend but I also want to do a modded run in singleplayer, Game Launcher is outdated as fug.

Just double click on whichever .exe you want to run. Game Launcher does nothing special. (afaik, in this matter). You can even right click drag the exe to the desktop to make a new shortcut on your desktop.

1 thing to note is that steam needs to be open already if you are opening a terraria that doesn't have the filename of Terraria.exe.

Just double click on whichever .exe you want to run. Game Launcher does nothing special. (afaik, in this matter). You can even right click drag the exe to the desktop to make a new shortcut on your desktop.

1 thing to note is that steam needs to be open already if you are opening a terraria that doesn't have the filename of Terraria.exe.
Well gosh dang it, I did just mess around with the folders for like 30 minutes to get game launcher to work when I could've just done that. Ah well, the more you know thanks bby.

Hi, I tried the thing, but my .exe that should be vanilla opens as the modded version. And when I try to open the tmodloader, it shows this error:
Capture.PNG

Hi, I tried the thing, but my .exe that should be vanilla opens as the modded version. And when I try to open the tmodloader, it shows this error:
Capture.PNG
I get a similar issue with that error, someone help! I hate having to "verify the integrity of [my] game files" every time I want to switch back to vanilla terraria

You can easily switch between both versions by keeping the modded version on your desktop and going into your "steamapps" file and just double clciking the terraria version that is labeled "1.3.x etc". You can not move the application from the steam apps file though.

I upgraded to modded terraria but when I did I replaced the old files and now I don't know how to go to vanilla again. Help?

i have all of these problems and need help.
Capture.PNG
I get a similar issue with that error, someone help! I hate having to "verify the integrity of [my] game files" every time I want to switch back to vanilla terraria
My Terraria.exe file disappeared, poof, gone. Any way to recover this? (I have tmodloader installed)
I upgraded to modded terraria but when I did I replaced the old files and now I don't know how to go to vanilla again. Help?

You should just be able to disable all of your mods. Then tModLoader won't do anything other than new dev sets and an April Fools Joke.

Back
Top Bottom