Is there any way to obtain Golfer in 1.2 old world?

CafemaxS01

Terrarian
Hi,

My biggest and sweet town was build in 1.2.

In the past, I can transport any item, and get all NPC to my old town, but 1.4 not.

Because 1.2 has no Underground Desert, but Golfer needed to be find here.

Any idea? Exclude map editor or cheating.

Thanks.

If you had an underground desert biome, he might spawn. I don’t know if it requires naturally spawning back walls, though. If it does, you are out of luck. I assume you are playing in 1.4, so your only issue is the underground desert biome.

As it looks like the underground desert may be defined by the background walls, and that wasn't a thing until 1.3, your world made in 1.2 likely won't be able to have a golfer.

As it looks like the underground desert may be defined by the background walls, and that wasn't a thing until 1.3, your world made in 1.2 likely won't be able to have a golfer.

Yes I have tried use the handmade background, make the underground desert biome, also music and water color are changed, but Golfer not spawn.

Yes I have tried use the handmade background, make the underground desert biome, also music and water color are changed, but Golfer not spawn.
The handmade walls don't count towards unique spawns, they are considered "safe" walls. The biome can be made by a player, but the spawning of any of the underground desert mobs is tied to the walls being generated naturally

Ok, I found a way to resolve my problem, It's workable.

1. Make some handmade Sandstone walls and place in underground layer, turn biome to underground desert. Now it's still safe wall.

2. Use Clentaminator w/Purple Solution to change the biome, Now it's underground corrupt desert biome.

3. Use Clentaminator w/Green Solution to turn it back, now we get nature wall.

Then I get my Golfer.
Maybe step 3 is unessential, I am not sure.
For your reference.

Last edited:
Hello, apologies for bringing back a dead thread, but this was the only source on the subject I found helpful. I can confirm that Cafemax's solution works. You do not have to do step 3, having a hallowed underground desert is enough of a requisite. Proof attached is the artificial underground desert biome created in my 1.2 world located directly underneath a hallowed desert. Got my golfer too. Thank you!

Attachments

• golfer.png
    golfer.png
    982.8 KB · Views: 80
I know this thread was made in 2020, but with the new addition of shimmer in 2022, you can shimmer sandstone walls into unsafe sandstone walls to create an artificial underground desert

Back
Top Bottom