Resolved Is This Arena Good For Brain Of Cthulhu In Master Mode?

Caryelah

Terrarian
Hi, i've built an arena for Brain Of Cthulhu, is that good enough? Thanks.
Terraria_2020_07_25_15_17_13_666.png

You may want to have some more platforms near the bottom, just in case you accidentally fall down. It depends on what mobility accessories you plan to use for the fight. Having that many platforms that densly packed is ok while moving upwards, but when going down it may slow you down too much. I recommend leaving a gap at the sides so you can jump down more quickly should the need arise.

I haven't tried Master mode but from what I have read it's pretty much the same as Expert, except enemies have more health and defence, and do more damage. You really want to avoid getting hit as much as possible. So accessories that improve mobility are desirable.

Edit: Oh and clean out your inventory before the fight. Right now you can't pick up anything! :p

Last edited:
You may want to have some more platforms near the bottom, just in case you accidentally fall down. It depends on what mobility accessories you plan to use for the fight. Having that many platforms that densly packed is ok while moving upwards, but when going down it may slow you down too much. I recommend leaving a gap at the sides so you can jump down more quickly should the need arise.

I haven't tried Master mode but from what I have read it's pretty much the same as Expert, except enemies have more health and defence, and do more damage. You really want to avoid getting hit as much as possible. So accessories that improve mobility are desirable.

Edit: Oh and clean out your inventory before the fight. Right now you can't pick up anything! :p
Thanks for advice. :dryadsmile:

Shoot for your platforms to be separated by about the height you can jump plus what your rocket boots get you. If you get hit and don't get as much elevation as you were expecting, you always have your hook to make up the difference. And they should go to the bottom of the chamber. You don't want to get stuck down there by accident and have no way to get back to your arena.

You have accessories I wouldn't have chosen, but you said earlier they are warding, so you are probably correct.

You didn't find a Bast statue getting all that fossil?

If you have a gnome or 8, put him in the middle of the arena.

If even part of the arena is below the surface, I'd replace the torches with biome torches. You haven't done the Torch God yet?

What buffs are you intending? Only one I see right offhand I'd consider adding is endurance. Depends on how confident you are.

And, yeah definitely unload inventory, especially the money. That's a lot of cash. I don't know I've ever had that much before hardmode. On the other hand, I usually have a lot better luck with the traveling merchant.

Hey, I learned something new today -- ice platforms aren't slippery.

Last edited:
Shoot for your platforms to be separated by about the height you can jump plus what your rocket boots get you. If you get hit and don't get as much elevation as you were expecting, you always have your hook to make up the difference. And they should go to the bottom of the chamber. You don't want to get stuck down there by accident and have no way to get back to your arena.

You have accessories I wouldn't have chosen, but you said earlier they are warding, so you are probably correct.

You didn't find a Bast statue getting all that fossil?

If you have a gnome or 8, put him in the middle of the arena.

If even part of the arena is below the surface, I'd replace the torches with biome torches. You haven't done the Torch God yet?

What buffs are you intending? Only one I see right offhand I'd consider adding is endurance. Depends on how confident you are.

And, yeah definitely unload inventory, especially the money. That's a lot of cash. I don't know I've ever had that much before hardmode. On the other hand, I usually have a lot better luck with the traveling merchant.

Hey, I learned something new today -- ice platforms aren't slippery.
I've beaten him easily without consuming any health potion. Thanks for all the help. :dryadsmile:

Yeah, I figured. I'm usually still in wood armor unless I've had a lucky cobalt or shadow drop. My last game I ended up with all three cobalt pieces while trying to get the stingers for the Amazon. But that's a first for me. Never had all three of either before, and most of the time, I don't get any.

What's next? Hellstone or Skeletron?

Back
Top Bottom