Portfolio/Multi-Topic Island Travel and Boats

Cyanopsia

King Slime
Ok, so I want to make a short version here: You can make a bunch of different boats, use them on water, and by using them at the sea, you can go to another island with new biomes.

Ok, now for the details: You would have a simple wooden boat with oars, plus ones made with all the ores, which may look different with how they move (maybe even a Steampunk boat). You could also build something that would have certain requirements (like a house, but with different needs, like a large body of water) to become a boat. If you include a suitable house, you can get NPCs to get on and travel with you. Once your boat leaves the end of the world, a new one would be loaded, which would not be like a normal world, but loaded like one to stop lag from too many islands. The islands could be about the size of two beaches to the size of a large world. They would be different, too. They would have a Beach, then some Forest, then Jungle, which would make it seem thicker and taller, and eventually you would have Mountains, a new biome. It would have bears in caves as enemies, goats as critters, and rock golems as a rare hard mode enemy, plus Harpies and Wyverns at the peak. You would miss out on Mountains if the world wasn't Large, then the Jungle, then the Forest. There will be a small amount of corruption/crimson, which will eventually spread bigger. Some very small islands will be completely infected. There would be corrupted goats and bears in the mountains, which would be corruptible. I'm not too sure how some of this would work, so feel free to add anything, such as what you would need to build your own boat, such as oars or boat motors. Thanks for reading :)

you can go to another island with new biomes.
You can do that. It's called creating a new world.

Ok I read the rest of the suggestion. It does present the opportunity for biomes to spawn in wierd ways. For that reason I'm curious as to how this idea will expand.

You'll need to be more detailed with the suggestion.

You'll need to be more detailed with the suggestion.

It was quite late when I typed this, so I didn't have much time. I can think of a bit more detail now. When you set out to the sea, you would see the loading texts, but the background would appear as a boat rowing along an ocean, getting further as the world loads. You would be able to craft a small wooden boat with about 30-40 wood. It works like a mount, but can, of course, only be used on water. You can then move along, with an animation of oars. Each boat would be faster as the tier gets higher. Any boat above Silver can be used on and withstand lava, with a durability like the Minecart in the recent spoiler, each increasing with the higher tier. When you make your own boat, it must have walls, some kind of movement mechanism, and a steering wheel/control panel to work. You could craft and place oars for your boat, presumably having at least one pair at the steering wheel. You can right-click oars to grab them, as well as the steering wheel, which can both be used at the same time. You could also have a motor, which MUST be underwater. You would then wire it up to a control panel for it to work. A boat will become faster with how many active motors/oars on it, as well as being slowed down by size. By attaching suitable housing to the boat, NPCs can be moved on to it. The game will acknowledge their presence and give each one a new option, to use oars. This way, you can make the NPCs help row the boat. They will travel to the islands with you.

Crafting recipes:
Boats = 40 of the material it is made of, can be made with wood and ores.
Oars (Not needed for boat mounts, only built ones) = 5 of its material, same materials as boats, each tier up increases speed
Control Panel = 10 Iron, 5 Wire
Boat Motor Propeller = Sold by Mechanic
Boat Motor = Boat Motor Propeller, 10 Iron, 2 Wire

Due to map limitations a large open ocean wouldn't be feasable in terraria's currrent engine. A possible way to work around this is to have multiple maps per world allowing for different islands to have alternate biome sets. Going past the end of one map takes you to the next map in line.

It was quite late when I typed this, so I didn't have much time. I can think of a bit more detail now. When you set out to the sea, you would see the loading texts, but the background would appear as a boat rowing along an ocean, getting further as the world loads. You would be able to craft a small wooden boat with about 30-40 wood. It works like a mount, but can, of course, only be used on water. You can then move along, with an animation of oars. Each boat would be faster as the tier gets higher. Any boat above Silver can be used on and withstand lava, with a durability like the Minecart in the recent spoiler, each increasing with the higher tier. When you make your own boat, it must have walls, some kind of movement mechanism, and a steering wheel/control panel to work. You could craft and place oars for your boat, presumably having at least one pair at the steering wheel. You can right-click oars to grab them, as well as the steering wheel, which can both be used at the same time. You could also have a motor, which MUST be underwater. You would then wire it up to a control panel for it to work. A boat will become faster with how many active motors/oars on it, as well as being slowed down by size. By attaching suitable housing to the boat, NPCs can be moved on to it. The game will acknowledge their presence and give each one a new option, to use oars. This way, you can make the NPCs help row the boat. They will travel to the islands with you.

Crafting recipes:
Boats = 40 of the material it is made of, can be made with wood and ores.
Oars (Not needed for boat mounts, only built ones) = 5 of its material, same materials as boats, each tier up increases speed
Control Panel = 10 Iron, 5 Wire
Boat Motor Propeller = Sold by Mechanic
Boat Motor = Boat Motor Propeller, 10 Iron, 2 Wire
You can edit your posts y'know.

Back
Top Bottom