PC Item "ducts" (fun contraption)

thekoopaking

Official Terrarian
Paper_Mario_badge_All_or_nothing.gif
NOTE! I Only made This For Fun. so This will not be how to build it. i just wanna show it off :p
Paper_Mario_badge_All_or_nothing.gif

Ok. This idea Came into my Head Hours ago and i decided to try and make it. after a little while of not getting it to work. i Got it working! (its not done) BUT IT WORKS.

what i mean by (its not done) is i havent finished the other ducts to bring items to the locations yet. i have only done 1 and only as a test.

804ba61d343e4b33b936e9da55ed70f3.png

So what is a "item Duct" Well. its a Long tunnel you either mine or build. then put conveyor belts on the floor. then the items get moved on them
from one side to the other :cool:

45ab1f4b4a3e4e3e9b615de484e6e696.png

5000de92c15749b599a368ba2fc46827.png

32ca7bfd4b874e1db7fc4c51272e1635.png

98114db51b7546549f9ffd7cee5b1b6a.png

f23fca7ee0b04cb6a5089bbd4ed4a6b9.png

superappeal.gif
Bam! All done! With the pictures atleast!
superappeal.gif

Heres a video of me using it it should give you a much better idea of what is going on!

Alright! Thats all! Let me know what you guys think in the comments below!
I also have Tried to make my Post Alot Better Looking, tell me what u think! :)

How Long did this take to build?

pmttyd_mega_smash.gif
Around 5 Hours. ( i did do other things along side it so it did take longer)
pmttyd_mega_smash.gif

The only downside to these are that they can take forever to get to theyre location
(i dont want to hoik the items)

Anyway. Cya guys! :)

Kind unrelated, but this inspired for me the idea of an item sorter by size.
Throw a bunch of stuff, the conveyors filter them through tunnels of 3,2 and 1 height, then you can pick them up and categorize them into chests that way.

Kind unrelated, but this inspired for me the idea of an item sorter by size.
Throw a bunch of stuff, the conveyors filter them through tunnels of 3,2 and 1 height, then you can pick them up and categorize them into chests that way.

sounds like a cool idea!.

but yeah. like i got the idea to make this when i was out and i had to wait till i got home to do it. im having fun making it.

So what you have, with your system to select which 'tube' to send items down is effectively a conveyor de-multiplexer. (Whereas a conveoyor multiplexer would allow any of a number of different item tube sources to be selected and all go to the same place.)

I guess this might be possible to use this to send good and presents to friends with bases elsewhere on a server. Or lend out town NPCs (during the day)...

the idea of an item sorter by size.
Throw a bunch of stuff, the conveyors filter them through tunnels of 3,2 and 1 height
Yup and/or also sort the items by width, with gaps in the conveyor, as with this new thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/simplest-item-hitbox-size-sorter-conveyor-belts.44134/

So what you have, with your system to select which 'tube' to send items down is effectively a conveyor de-multiplexer. (Whereas a conveoyor multiplexer would allow any of a number of different item tube sources to be selected and all go to the same place.)

I guess this might be possible to use this to send good and presents to friends with bases elsewhere on a server. Or lend out town NPCs (during the day)...

"use this to send good and presents to friends with bases elsewhere on a server. Or lend out town NPCs (during the day)"

yeah. i guess you could do that! i only made this in my world for fun tho :p

You could also made this as large as you want by making it bigger with more and more paths to choose

Back
Top Bottom