Items Items that should have tooltips: Piggy bank and bucket

ManaUser

Brain of Cthulhu
Thinking way back to when I first started playing, a number of items could really do with some explanation. For instance when I first saw the piggy bank in the merchant's shop I had no idea what was for. Bearing in mind I was a newb, 1 whole gold seemed fairly expensive and I kind of assumed it was a decorative object at first. I suppose I would have discovered the truth eventually, but I'm not sure how long that would have taken had I not started reading the wiki.

Another one is the bucket. Originally this might have been more obvious, but since it currently works as a helmet too, when I fist saw it I look at the description and see it's a weak helmet. "Huh, cute, no need to make that though", I think. From a newbie perspective, I had no reason to suspect it did something else besides that.

What do you all think? Can you think of any other items that would benefit from some explanation?

Yeah, I think the same thing happened for me. For the piggy bank at least. I only found out what it does by the wiki as well.

I would agree with this as well. I haven't had any particular problems with this issue myself, but that's probably because I already knew what those items did from watching other people play Terraria. I can definitely see this being a problem for new players.

Back
Top Bottom