Game Mechanics Jumping on tree branches

Snickerbobble

The Painter
If we could hop on branches, it would not only be a fun way to explore the surface, but could allow for more natural builds, such as tree houses, having steps to climb up without needing blocks or platforms placed everywhere. A new player could also hop up branches to avoid zombies at night time, though they risk being knocked off by demon eyes and receiving fall damage.

I'm thinking grapples might not latch onto branches? So trees don't get in the way of those who use their grapples to keep up their running speed. *shrug*

Here is a video demonstrating what I mean:

(At 10:25, sorry for the long video, couldn't find a shorter one of this level)

Branches would functionally act like platforms, so you can drop down by pressing down.

That's pretty much it, a small change. Is it worth changing?

upload_2015-1-25_9-36-25.jpeg

I support.
if you could not tell all ready C:

Support , i dont see why this isnt implemented already , it would make exploring on easy mode easier , and also more fun :D

I like this! But how about making it so if you're wearing shoe spikes you can't get knocked off? I'd probably spend most of my tree time dying from swarms of demon eyes from below.

Never would have thought of this, but it's a neat idea! I like it! You should be able to grow out branches with a Living Wood Wand so you can have branch platforms wherever without having to grow multiple trees to get the right one.

As everyone else has said, this is rather an intelligent idea. This should have been in the game at launch, as the trees in Terraria are so bloody nonsensical. This would be a first step in correcting that.

Back
Top Bottom