Weapons & Equip jungle-restoring solution for clentaminator

ZeroJinKui

The Destroyer
to start off, wasn't entirely sure where to post this, since it has to do with the clentaminator, an equippable tool, but also involving a non-equipment item, so hopefully this forum is fine.

anyway, as we're all aware... the jungle is absolutely essential to game progression, and the corruption/crimson risk softlocking our game if we don't race to defend it immediately, which is stressful and... not fun.

the clentaminator's main purpose was to change entire biomes and help fight back those infections, right?

but it also seems biased against the jungle, and any other mud-based biome.

so why not provide it the ability to turn dirt blocks into mud?

it could be done with water, or a new kind of solution, maybe buyable from the dryad or witch doctor? the jungle-loving NPCs, obviously wanting to help protect their preferred home?

i just feel like we need SOMETHING to make restoring the jungle easier, cause as it is, our only REAL choice is to play journey mode and turn off the infection spread, but even then, the jungle getting overlapped with corruption/crimson at world gen or upon defeating the WoF is inevitable.

i know 1.4 was the final major update, but would this ability for the clentamintor be possible in a minor update?

i think a lot of people would be happy with this idea, since it'd atleast provide us a quick and easy way of restoring one of the most important biomes in the game.

the jungle and mushroom biomes are some of my favorites, so them being wiped out always really hurt to see.

please consider this idea, re-logic! do it for the jungle! and all the players crying out in pain! :dryadcry:

"clap clap clap" what a beautiful speech. and i also 100% agree. once i, first got the clentaminator then straight away i thought "SAVE THE JUNGLE!!!" then i flew to the jungle and started using the clentaminator on it without looking back and then when i had finished the top,i went back to look at my amazing job and then it was just grass and then i cried. but dont worry i didnt do the undrground jungle, phew.;):sigh:

This is really something that is needed in the lategame worldbuilding stuff. Every biome can be easily restored or spread using clentaminator, except jungle. Damage evil biomes do to it is entirely irreversible and its only biome that behaves like that. Both Desert and Tundra get corrupted and can be cleansed. Jungle being cleansed does not return you your jungle, just regular underground/forest. That said, I really dont mind that jungle doesnt get properly 'corrupted' like desert and tundra do. If it can be spread back into proper relevance after you've dealt with Plantera and Hardmode spread speed slows down. Right now evil biomes spawn on top of jungle almost every time, which means that come hardmode, kiss your surface jungle goodbye. It doesn't help that Surface Mushroom (which you need for Truffle) now also requires MUCH more blocks and jungle (the only place where you can reasonably get mushroom spread started) getting annihilated is awful.

Either there should be a solution that makes jungle by converting dirt to mud, or there should be at least some form of alternate way to turn world's dirt to mud (without even necessarily spreading jungle) in massive amounts.

Absolutely agreed. My Jungle generated with a Corruption directly in the middle of it, and another directly beside it. That jungle won't last 5 minutes once I enter Hardmode. Already used the Gravedigger's Shovel to make a big trench between one of the Corruptions and one side of the Jungle but it's just too much work to bother since for all I know, with my luck the V shape of corruption will splice directly through it and negate all the prepwork I did anyway.

At least the GD shovel makes this a little easier then doing it by hand like we did in 1.3.5 but yeah a solution allowing dirt to be transformed into mud would be better.

Maybe an additional clemteminator solution.

i am seriously desperate for this idea to be implemented, but i fear it's too late... aside from the vanity stuff and localization, they're probably done with terraria.

besides, if they had any intentions of making the jungle salvageable, they probably would've done something by now...

i just don't understand re-logic's... well, logic... why make one of the most important biomes in the entire game be in such extreme danger of being wiped out and softlocking your progress, with absolutely no way of restoring it?

chlorophyte does almost nothing, certainly nowhere near enough to restore an entire jungle, and i shouldn't have to literally quarantine an entire section of my world off like it's an immunodeficient child in a disease-ravaged world.

if anyone can help this topic catch anyone from re-logic's attention, so we can ATLEAST get an answer to whether or not this might be considered, that'd be helpful.

we all know this idea would benefit the entire terraria community, and i think it'd be the best way to truly finish off terraria, by giving us something we've been crying out for since atleast 1.2, if not longer.

Edit: i do want to say, i DO appreciate journey mode's ability to disable the infection spread, and while that CAN be a solution for journey mode players, not everyone will play journey mode, which is understandable, the temptation can be tough, and it might spoil the game for fans of classic runs.

that's one reason why this idea is needed so desperately, for those who don't want to be forced to play a certain way.

Last edited:
i gotta wonder, do the devs check this section often, or do they have "scouts" who look through here and tell them of the worthwhile ideas?

would be nice to know if anyone has seen this idea and is aware of it... if i didn't hate social media so much, i'd probably make a twitter and mention it to them on there.

Back
Top Bottom