Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
In my new world corruption is generated IN THE MIDDLE of the jungle. My new playthrough is failed already. Once i defeat WoF, the jungle will me slowly destroyed and there is no way to fix it.
@Redigit what you was thinking about when you wrote the lines of code that allowed corruption to destroy jungles?

Sorry for my bad english

Clear it out first before wall of flesh if just grass hopefully it didn't make underground area.

what ive done is go on another world make it hardmode and get hallow seeds and go back to the main world and spread it on both sides of jungle before converting that world into hardmode

i didn't till recently now i see how bad it can get with massive crimson spawned right into the jungle at world gen. complete with massive amount of crimstone criscrossing the jungle underground.

a mi me gustaría que la selva se pudiera corromper por el carmesí,la corrupción y la bendición,osea la solución mas sencilla seria añadir maso menos 12 bloques nuevos que sean corrompidos de la selva como por ejemplo barro corrompido.

I hate it that the Crimson/Corruption have a habit of spawning beside the Jungle, but that's part of the challenge.

For example, my current world has a whole bunch of Crimson areas one after the other to the west even so far as enroaching on the shores of the ocean. I had to dig a 5-square width tunnel under the ocean as a stop-gap measure to protect it, later I'll need to dig a proper hellevator. I'll let the Crimson eat the few remaining areas in between them just to save the more important biomes (ocean and jungle). I am now in the process of making a hellevetor between the Jungle and the Crimson. Later I'll need to go east and dig two more hellevators to isolate the lone Crimson area there.

I've been so busy containing the Crimson I haven't even explored all the caves much less fight a boss. All part of the experience. :D

I love the jungle. If my jungle was corrupted (It won't now I have sections of hallow on either side) I would be so mad.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418762773][/DOUBLEPOST]My clentaminator is currently helping me to get rid of all of the infected parts of my world. :redmunch:

So I am the only one who thinks the speed at which the corruption/crimson, and for that matter the Hallow is GREATLY OVEREXAGGERATED?...

Like, I have a corrupted area right next to my jungle.

I play for like, say, 1 hour, and the corruption has eaten maybe 8-9 blocks of the Jungle blocks... I just cut the corrupted grass from the mud, and... thats it, the 1 work of the corruption doing has just been undone...

Of course, those are not the exact numbers. But I just feel like the entire problem has always been overly exaggerated.

Maybe I just expected it to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse, because I keep reading about how this was such a big problem,before getting to Hardmode myself... "Hype effect" as they say?...

I am not saying this to be mean, I am genuinously curious.

But, if you ask me, I think the Jungle and ONLY THE NATURALLY GENERATED JUNGLE should have a MASSIVE resistence to the Corruption/Crimson.

Something like "Jungle grass/Mud converts to Corruption 80% Slower than normal", something like that. I dont think the jungle begin 100% Corruption/Crimson proof is good either.

If it worked like that, then the Corruption/Crimson would be stopped by both the Hallow AND the jungle... that would limit them a bit too much, making them begin able to spread to be pretty useless. Migth as well not let them spread any faster than Normal Mode then.

Last edited:

So I am the only one who thinks the speed at which the corruption/crimson, and for that matter the Hallow is GREATLY OVEREXAGGERATED?...

Like, I have a corrupted area right next to my jungle.

I play for like, say, 1 hour, and the corruption has eaten maybe 8-9 blocks of the Jungle blocks... I just cut the corrupted grass from the mud, and... thats it, the 1 work of the corruption doing has just been undone...

Of course, those are not the exact numbers. But I just feel like the entire problem has always been overly exaggerated.

Maybe I just expected it to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse, because I keep reading about how this was such a big problem,before getting to Hardmode myself... "Hype effect" as they say?...

I am not saying this to be mean, I am genuinously curious.

But, if you ask me, I think the Jungle and ONLY THE NATURALLY GENERATED JUNGLE should have a MASSIVE resistence to the Corruption/Crimson.

Something like "Jungle grass/Mud converts to Corruption 80% Slower than normal", something like that. I dont think the jungle begin 100% Corruption/Crimson proof is good either.

If it worked like that, then the Corruption/Crimson would be stopped by both the Hallow AND the jungle... that would limit them a bit too much, making them begin able to spread to be pretty useless. Migth as well not let them spread any faster than Normal Mode then.
The speed that the corruption/crimson spreads depends on the situation, but the speed isn't the problem. The problem (to me) is how the corruption replaces mud with dirt when spreading in the jungle. The only way to actually fix it is to dig up every block that was converted, turn it back into mud, and replace it. Most problems with the spreading biomes could easily be fixed with the clentaminator, but it doesn't work on the jungle.

I'm actually not in favor of giving the jungle complete immunity to the corruption/crimson, I would prefer adding corrupt, crimson, and hallow variants of jungle grass like we have for the ice and desert biomes.

i really want the jungle to be hellped i mean, if the jungle was converted you wouldnt even be able to kill plantera. so... i dont really want to hurry all the way to the jungle with my biome changer gun thingy (cant remember the name) only to save half the jungle... SAVE THE JUNGLE!!!

i really want the jungle to be hellped i mean, if the jungle was converted you wouldnt even be able to kill plantera. so... i dont really want to hurry all the way to the jungle with my biome changer gun thingy (cant remember the name) only to save half the jungle... SAVE THE JUNGLE!!!

I remember whenever I left my jungle to rot in my last world, I was a big idiot about 2 months ago. I didn't know that you couldn't restore the jungle. ;( So in the world that I'm using now, I'm being EXTRA cautious about how and where the corruption/crimson spreads. I hope I don't make the same mistake again. :sigh:

I like the idea of cross biomes with the jungle and whatever, but I think that should be some sort of option, so that it appeals to all Terrarians.

In my opinion there should totally be alternate jungles. I feel like not having them is just like not having the alternative snow biomes.

In my opinion there should totally be alternate jungles. I feel like not having them is just like not having the alternative snow biomes.
Then we might as well have an alternate mushroom biome, purity, and desert as well! You can't have alternates to everything.

Then we might as well have an alternate mushroom biome, purity, and desert as well! You can't have alternates to everything.
We already do have alternate deserts. Ever heard of pearlsand? Crimsand? Ebonsand? Dark mummies? Light mummies? Never made a Dao of Pow before?

PS- Purity is the concept of not being corrupted/crimsoned/hallowed. That argument is just dumb. An alternate purity? Jeez, what do people think of these days?

We already do have alternate deserts. Ever heard of pearlsand? Crimsand? Ebonsand? Dark mummies? Light mummies? Never made a Dao of Pow before?

PS- Purity is the concept of not being corrupted/crimsoned/hallowed. That argument is just dumb. An alternate purity? Jeez, what do people think of these days?

WHY NOT?! i'd call it corruption!

Oh, wait...

I want my jungle protected I already hate the mobs down there so if there are even more then I would not even step foot in the jungle.

Back
Top Bottom