Weapons & Equip Kaleidoscope Rework (and whips in general)

SphinxGames

Skeletron Prime

Kaleidoscope rework: (1) Let it attack through walls, pretty basic but something that would be so nice for overall quality of life. On to the main ideas I had. (2) Make it summon crystal shard projectiles over the course of each swing that behave in a similar manner to the Flairon bubbles, a short range homing effect, and disappearing after a few seconds or striking an enemy. The projectiles can proc the whip's special effects, as well as a new effect that reduces enemy defense by one per projectile strike stacking infinitely and lasting for the same amount of time as the rest of the whip's effects. Increasing the base range of the whip itself by a fair bit would also be helpful. I think this would fix a lot of the problems with whips forcing you to get close, at least with endgame whips. Being able to stay fairly far from the Moon Lord and just keep dropping shards from the whip in front of his path would allow you to maintain the whips effects without having to be right in his face. The armor strip would further promote the usage of whips. I don't like the argument of whips just being a risk reward item, I think that if you really want to stay close to your targets and attack them with whips it would just make too much sense to use another class. Another note is that the projectiles would probably do very little damage on their own and would more just be used to keep your whip's effects active and strip armor rather than deal damage on their own, then the actual fair risk reward would be whether or not you want to ACTUALLY get close and hit enemies with the whip itself. I think having access to a Kaleidoscope with these effects right before starting the end game content would be excellent placement in progression although I think whips in general not just in the end game need to get a fairly significant overhaul. Just some thoughts I had, would love to see some other ideas as well.​

Another thing I would like to see is the 10% cc from the Kaleidoscope changed to "Allows minions to critically strike." so you could, for example, replace your Summoner Emblem with a Destroyer Emblem, and switch from Menacing to Lucky. This would probably allow for a 15 - 30 percent overall increase in DPS for most setups but only when using whips. It would also just allow greater build diversity as well which is always good to see.

Back
Top Bottom