Mobile Key Molds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_2015-04-03-18-03-43.png
Here is what my farm looks like

No, but I got a corruption mold, a jungle mold, and 3 hallowed molds without using a farm. (Im farming for the Crimson one)

i
No, but I got a corruption mold, a jungle mold, and 3 hallowed molds without using a farm. (Im farming for the Crimson one)
Farming for the Crimson? Build an artificial crimson at your spawn point and summon the pirate invasion many, many times.

i

Farming for the Crimson? Build an artificial crimson at your spawn point and summon the pirate invasion many, many times.

If I add a few traps, that could be really effective. Having the farm at the ocean did get me a lot of pirate maps.

Funny, on mobile I got maps at spawn, underground music before I even reach the layer, harpys spawning at surface level. Yup thats weird. Did not even an hour of grinding for a key mold. I love/hate mobile, and completely hate 505 and codeglue.

On the drop rate for keymolds, I'm pretty confident that it's actually 1/2500. This is what the console version was when it got the 1.2 update and the mobile version should be identical to that one (minus the more recent frost moon updates).

I had a farm for rainbow slimes that wasn't much more than a simple death pit with lava and dart traps as well as a couple small blocks above it so the unicorns would hit their head and fall down. I had a tunnel to get underneath using actuators on the blocks, which led to your typical "survival room" (honey, heart lantern, water candle, etc.) Using a series of defensive items, turtle armor, and making extra sure that everything was filled in below me, I was able to get tons of rainbow bricks and keymolds. It wouldn't take much to change the biome to something else.

That being said, it will take time. Even a proper afk farm can still take several hours to produce a keymold. You definitely don't want to use a farm and then check back every 5 minutes; that will drive you insane. My suggestion is to either find something else to work on in the game and just let them (hopefully) come naturally, or make an afk farm and watch a movie/show before checking it again.

I farmed the crimson for three days with water candles before a drop. I got the jungle just by being there. I've farmed the ocean quite a bit and still no key but it will come eventually. I ended up with 2 shortly after each other in the crimson.

I farmed at the surface of a crimson biome directly above a chasm with some wooden bridges to catch fallen loot. I used 2 water candles and farmed for about 3 days. I didn't use an afk farm but I suppose you could to speed things up as long as you checked every now and then. I'm sure there can only be a certain amount of items on the ground before more stop dropping or some disappear. Not for sure which way it is though.

I farmed at the surface of a crimson biome directly above a chasm with some wooden bridges to catch fallen loot. I used 2 water candles and farmed for about 3 days. I didn't use an afk farm but I suppose you could to speed things up as long as you checked every now and then. I'm sure there can only be a certain amount of items on the ground before more stop dropping or some disappear. Not for sure which way it is though.
yeah you can only have 200 items I think at one time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom