Items Know this won't happen, but modders maybe...?

Do you think that devs should be the only ones with exclusive items?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

laserwolfO7

Terrarian
Wouldn't it be nice if you could have your own unique weapon in vanilla without everyone else's looking exactly the same? (Say, retexturing terra blade. EVERYONE has the custom terra blade now, even if it was supposed to be a unique item.) Well, I have an idea.
Behold the Luminite Forge!
This would be crafted with an adamantite/titanium forge and 50 luminite bars. (Yes, it's supposed to be that endgame. Probably should work as a furnace too.) Basically, here's what you can do.
With the Luminite Forge, you can:
1. Rename weapons (maybe accessories, but I think custom wings should be left to the devs, in all honesty, this is on the edge.)
2. Resprite said item. (There COULD be a spriting tool where you simply draw it with a few colors and pixels, which would be much better.)
3. Change the projectile, if it fires projectiles. (It would be best if the color stayed the same, custom colors should stay exclusive to names, but hey, custom colors ARE awesome... what would your Last Prism/Empress Weapons be colored?)

That's all, just a lategame way of making your character your own.
(Or just be able to dye weapons lol, I know that was gonna be ingame but was scrapped, so prolly not.)

I feel that it takes away from the specialness of the exclusive dev items, and honestly the devs deserve having unique items compared to everyone.

I definitely support the idea of renaming your weapons, accessories, etc, but I feel like the resprite feature is a little much. I am also wondering, how would the modders integrate an entire sprite-creating tool?

I definitely support the idea of renaming your weapons, accessories, etc, but I feel like the resprite feature is a little much. I am also wondering, how would the modders integrate an entire sprite-creating tool?
Good point. And yea, resprites MIGHT be too much, so maybe recoloration would be better?

Back
Top Bottom