Lan problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerenmarcus

Terrarian
So, me and my brother tries to play together but when he joins I can't see him in terraria? I can see that he joins the server in the serverlist but I can't see him there. The version I'm using is 1.2.4 and he is aswell. Thanks for answer :) heres a screenshot http://prntscr.com/5pybns

Same problem happened to me. I have to suggest to use Hammachi, as I find it the simplest free option, other than going through all the port forwarding options.

Actually if LAN doesn't work you don't even need to use Hamachi. It just involves going into your router's control panel and doing some port forwarding. If you'd rather do that let me know, unless you figured it out.

Hamachi will indeed work but since it's bouncing information through the internet, it'll have more latency than a local network.

Actually if LAN doesn't work you don't even need to use Hamachi. It just involves going into your router's control panel and doing some port forwarding. If you'd rather do that let me know, unless you figured it out.

Although it's likely irrelevant since their connection is somewhat working, some routers will simply not play nice with a LAN. I have one such Belkin.

First you "Host and Play" select character and world of own choice and then you should go to "Start" and then type in cmd and then enter. A black window will apear and theree you type in "ipconfig" hit enter, in there search for wireless connection and search for a ip4 adress. That ip will your brother connect to the server with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom