Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
When fishing in water, I catch lava fish.
tarraria fishing bug.png

1705424726778.png

I think it has to do with the tip of the lava at the bottom left touching the encapsulation of the water pond thus making the game think it is lava.
Can you share the wld file (to find under C:\Users\(yourusername)\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds here so that the devs can inspect the water pond?

The pond check does stop at solid tiles, however it will include the top tiles on the left and right wall of any pond as well as the non-corner floor tiles.
If one of these contains lava, the pond will be considered lava as well, and it is indeed possible to achieve that by letting a gravity block fall onto a tile of lava (and optionally block swapping it). I've got this to work, note the lava glow in one of the floor tiles of the pond in my screenshot. In OP's screenshot however no floor or top wall tile has that glow, and the suspiciously glowing corner tile should not be considered by the game as far as I can tell.
1705478544486.png

Unfortunately, I immediately rebuilt this fishing site, so that I could catch normal fish. I could try to replicate this bug if needed, but my main goal was just to inform about this happening.

Unfortunately, I immediately rebuilt this fishing site, so that I could catch normal fish. I could try to replicate this bug if needed, but my main goal was just to inform about this happening.
Well then rip to the investigation lol

Back
Top Bottom