Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Only quest fish work.
I'm using no gear, Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole, Journeyman bait and no results after minutes.
Tried in different places, as well as in hell itself, pools are definitely big enough.

Only quest fish work.
I'm using no gear, Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole, Journeyman bait and no results after minutes.
Tried in different places, as well as in hell itself, pools are definitely big enough.
Lava fishing is much slower than regular fishing. I was just in my world and was able to fish up items from lava. With your relatively low fishing power it may take several minutes. Are you sure that you're waiting long enough?

If I remember correctly, you're not supposed to be able to fish in lava without using a Hell Butterfly, Lavafly, or Magma Snail as bait, unless you're using the Hotline Rod or the accessory that specifically allows you to fish in lava. That much appears to be working as intended.

I think the real bug here is the fact that you can obtain quest fish from lava.

That’s a good point Baconfry, I glossed over that at first. @jakubedzior, are you not using the lavaproof fishing hook? If not, you’ll need lava bait (which you can catch in the underworld using a lavaproof bug net, craft it with hellstone and bug net) or a hotline fishing rod.

What type of quest fish are you catching in lava?

If I remember correctly, you're not supposed to be able to fish in lava without using a Hell Butterfly, Lavafly, or Magma Snail as bait, unless you're using the Hotline Rod or the accessory that specifically allows you to fish in lava. That much appears to be working as intended.

I think the real bug here is the fact that you can obtain quest fish from lava.
You're right.

That’s a good point Baconfry, I glossed over that at first. @jakubedzior, are you not using the lavaproof fishing hook? If not, you’ll need lava bait (which you can catch in the underworld using a lavaproof bug net, craft it with hellstone and bug net) or a hotline fishing rod.

What type of quest fish are you catching in lava?
That is it. I didn't use any special item to fish in lava. My bad.
And I don't really remember what the fish name was. It must be new 1.4 since there were no fish in lava before, I believe.

And I don't really remember what the fish name was. It must be new 1.4 since there were no fish in lava before, I believe.
There are a few fish in lava, some of which predate 1.4. For example, there's Flarefin Koi and Obsidifish. There aren't any quest fish in lava though, so players without the right lava fishing gear won't miss out on a quest.

There are a few fish in lava, some of which predate 1.4. For example, there's Flarefin Koi and Obsidifish. There aren't any quest fish in lava though, so players without the right lava fishing gear won't miss out on a quest.
Í got a quest for a fish from Hell. I thought it meant that I will get it from lava. And I did. Without any gear, could NOT fish anything from lava after that. Just the questfish is what I got after 3 seconds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom