tModLoader Lich_king's modding guide

lich_king

Plantera
hello and welcome. you may see this and think "didn't this guy quit out on modding?","who is this guy?", or "oooooh a modding guide". well if you are thinking the first one yes i did quit on modding twice but now i am working on a big mod(not as big as rise of kingdoms, like rise of Armageddon). anyway back to what i am writing about, this is my guide to making a mod. now I will just be saying on how to make a mod and how to be a healthy modder so lets begin.

how to make a terraria mod:
step 1: get modloader

ok so you need this thing called tmodloader(modloader for short) you can find a tutorial on youtube, because I kind of forgot how I got it but I know the best youtuber for this is pedquin.

step 2: get a document reader?...…editor? idk
ok so next you need to get...... ill call it a document reader. you can get any document readers but I like to use Microsoft Visual Studio because its the best oh yea and it needs to be able to read C#;

step 3: make the mod
this step will be the easiest out of all of these steps. start terraria and go into mod sources and you just need to press the create mod and follow the things it tells you to write down and boom go look in your mod sources file.

step 4: just literally press save
next after step 3 open your mod file and find "yourmodname.csproj"then click it and it will show your mods code, when your on the page then press the save all button on whatever it is called on your document reader and will pop up your files and it says save it somewhere. just put it in your mod file.

tips on how to be a healthy modder:

tip 1: never try to go big at first
now maybe someone told you in the past to never try to go big. well there right, if you try to go big on your mod you'll get stressed so try to make a small mod and you know there is a cool thing called updates, an update if you don't know is adding something to a thing, like for example updating your robot to have turrets.

tip 2: organize your work
sometimes organizing your mod folder may help tremendously with finding that one thing you need to work on

tip 3: don't copy
well you may know this but its a good idea to not copy other peoples work but sometimes when you need to know the aistyile # of the slime which is 1. so you go to tModLoader/tModLoader to go find that number is okay or if you need to check if your code is right or maybe how to code somthing

tip 4: use the !@#$ing tutorials
don't be the person who goes "oh I don't neeeeed those darn tutorials I will jump in and do what ever I want" and literally destroys his/hers mod just use the tutorials like the ones here:
or use the ones on youtube but note those ones are old so some of the code might not work

tip 5: do the mod you want to
remember this is YOUR mod not another persons(unless you work for someone on their mod) you can do anything you want

tip 6: the last tip
don't let people get you down use their hateful words as lifts to make your mod better.

welp, you made it to the bottom of this, ether you just read this thread or you just scrolled down here to just see what was down here but what ever you did to read this you at least got to the bottom of this and you know how to make a mod and how to be a healthy modder

Back
Top Bottom