tModLoader Limbo (Very WIP - Spriters needed!)

dandykong

Terrarian
Terraria: Limbo - Alpha 1 "We Have Liftoff!"
We're currently looking for additional spriters and coders.

This mod is based on an old project of mine that I had on my old computer but abandoned due to my own lack of spriting ability. I decided to recreate it from scratch and turn into a full mod. This mod is in a very early state. I'm not very good at spriting and the only implemented items are palette swaps, so I would be very grateful to anyone willing to help. A very early test build is available on the in-game mod browser for community feedback.
Join the Discord chat here: discord.gg/XW4vE5Y

OuEoD4D.png

By infusing a magic mirror with the souls of dark creatures, it will send you to the Netherworld instead of your spawnpoint. Using it inside the Netherworld sends you back.
Recipe: 10
Soul_of_Night.gif
Souls of Night, 1
Soul_of_Fright.gif
Soul of Fright, 1
Magic_Mirror.png
Magic Mirror
sZJW33K.png

This eldritch stone warps spacetime, sending everything nearby to the Netherworld. Created when the Corruption and Crimson collide. An alternate way into the Netherworld, but be careful. It can spread if it comes in contact with stone, Ebonstone, or Crimstone. (Spreading not implemented. Craft with
Ebonstone_Block.png
Ebonstone and
Crimstone_Block.png
Crimstone.)

The Netherworld is a shadowy mirror of the physical plane, and the resting place of Terraria's dead. Natural light doesn't exist here, and water can potentially be as dangerous as lava to the unprepared.

There are two ways in: Using a Dark Mirror to warp in or entering a Darkness biome. While inside the Netherworld, you are invisible and intangible to most creatures. But beware, the Netherworld has dangers of its own...

(Not implemented. Need spriters!) This pitch-black biome is composed of eldritch stone and grass that can only exist in the Netherworld. Its mere existence rips a hole in the realm of the living. The Darkness is a biome far more dangerous than the rest of the Netherworld. All light sources are dimmed, and creatures of pure shadow prey on the living and dead alike.

Important note on updates: Due to the "public test" nature of the Alpha release, minor updates in Alpha 1 (0.1.x) will primarily feature hotfixes and balance changes. When something substantial is finished, the game will update to a new Alpha version.
  • First public alpha build. Full recreation of my old unreleased mod, up to the point of its prior abandonment.
  • (Sort of) Added the Drowned. These spirits try to pull themselves out of the lake they are trapped in when anything touches the water. Currently only exists as a debuff applied immediately upon touching water in the Netherworld.
  • Darkstone can now be obtained and pulls things into the Netherworld.
  • Fixed a mistake in Darkstone's tooltip.
  • Versions are now numbered properly in the Mod Browser. (0.1.1 instead of 0.10.1.3) This version numbering fix temporarily removed the mod from the Mod Browser, it should be back shortly.
  • This forum post is now listed as the homepage.
  • The Netherworld is no longer safe from the Moon Lord's attacks.
  • Added a new item: Omni Bars! These are a crafting material for items that have been statted, drawn, and coded, but have unobtainable ingredients or the enemy that drops the item isn't implemented yet.
  • The Netherworld now has its own water style.
  • The Dark Mirror's lens radiates intense heat while you're in the Underworld. Could something be stirring on the other side? For now, you should stay out of the Netherworld down there. Maybe you'll be able to seek out further battles and treasure in the future...

• Nothing to do in the Netherworld but become invincible to enemies. This is not the entire scope of the mod. Enemies, crafting materials, weapons and items, and even a biome are planned.

(Support banners currently unavailable: Spriters needed!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom