Pixel Art Liraxus' random Terraria stuff.

Liraxus

Terrarian
Hi, I'm an average spriter that recently got back into spriting in Terraria's basic but charming artstyle.

Ever since I decided to mod the game, I found these mods added a lot of replayability for me, and inspired me to mess around and make my own ideas for weapons and whatnot. Some of these are also things I made to 'replace' some of the...less than stellar Expert mode Items. Of course, these are just subjective opinions, and I'm not here to change yours. So I'll simply move on to what I've made recently.

USB1aGQ.png

Encrusted Blade
Made with 3 Ruby
Ruby.png
, 3 Emerald
Emerald.png
, 3 Sapphire
Sapphire.png
, 1 Gold/Platinum Broadsword
Gold_Broadsword.png
|
Platinum_Broadsword.png
, 6 Silver/Tungsten Bars
Silver_Bar.png
|
Tungsten_Bar.png

Damage | 27
Knockback | 5(Average)
Critical Chance |8%
Use time | 16(Very Fast)
Rarity |
Rarity_color_2.png

Sell | 1
GoldCoin.gif
SilverCoin.gif

A blade covered in gemstones, there were two ideas I had for the Encrusted Blade, one more ambitious than the others. One was where the Blade was able to have elemental properties and be powered up if the player ever equipped a gem from Capture the Gem. For example, the Large Sapphire would cause the Encrusted Blade to throw WaterBolt-like magical spells, the Large Amber would toss sand akin to the Spirit Mod's Scarab Blade, so on and so forth.

The second was, well, very similar in idea to the Large Amber idea. When swung, occasionally the sword would throw out a gem projectile that shatters like glass.

nfkhaq8.png

Panic Flail

Dropped by
Map_Icon_Brain_of_Cthulhu.png
The Brain of Cthulhu(Treasure Bag)
Damage | 20
Knockback | 6.5(Strong)
Critical Chance | 8%
Use Time | 32(Slow)
Velocity | 12
Tooltip | Has a chance to confuse.
Has a chance to inflict bleeding.
Rarity |
Rarity_color_rainbow.gif

Sell | 1
GoldCoin.gif

The Brain of Confusion sucks, just getting that out there. The issue with the Brain of Confusion is the fact its effects require you to take damage, and even then, you still have an enemy you need to kill. So lets kill out the middle man and turn this baby into a Flail that can cause the enemy to panic. Fitting for a boss that can cause the player to panic near the end of the fight in Expert mode, yeah? The 'Panic Flail' is intended to be an amazing weapon that while overshadowed later by the Dao of Pow and even the Sunfury, is very helpful early on in the game for melee builds to deal with large groups of enemies, including the Goblin Army.

Here's the guts of the weapon itself, recreated as if it's being thrown.
ONuX68W.png

To keep things clean between posts, I will now move on to the standard items I've made that aren't weaponry.​

Nice sprites! Keep up the good work! Also, if you really enjoy spriting in Terrarias style, you should apply for some mods. Mods are always looking for spriters!

This next two items are odd, they're not 'completely new items' necessarily, but they have a new object attached to them that is worth the post.

Royal_Gel.png

Royal Gel Revamped

Dropped by
Map_Icon_King_Slime.png
King Slime(Treasure Bag)
Tooltip | Slimes become friendly
Summons the Prince Slime to fight for you
'It thinks you're its father...'

Rarity |
Rarity_color_rainbow.gif

Sell | 2
GoldCoin.gif

Slime_1.1.gif

Prince Slime

Damage | 12(Summon)
Knockback | 4(Weak)
Acts exactly like the Baby Slime from a Slime Staff.

The Royal Gel is another Expert Mode exclusive that I think underperforms compared to some other Expert items, for clarification, I consider items such as the Shield of Cthulhu, the Worm Scarf, and the Demon Heart to be excellent Expert mode items, as they offer a huge new bonus that you could never have for pushing through a harder challenge. This entire thread started off of the idea of 'How can the Expert mode items be buffed to be on-par with the simply incredible and worthwhile ones while being fitting for the boss in question?' The answer was to give you an early-game summon that doesn't even take up a minion slot! I find a cute but tragic theme to the Prince Slime considering it only obeys you because it thinks you're its dad due to having the Royal Gel.

hLtCZoN.png

Hive Pack Revamped

Dropped by
Map_Icon_Queen_Bee.png
Queen Bee(Treasure Bag)
Tooltip | Increases the strength of friendly bees
Allows flight and slow fall
Does not prevent fall damage

Rarity |
Rarity_color_rainbow.gif

Sell | 2
GoldCoin.gif

Pre-Hardmode wings are something I sure do see a lot of in mods, and I like the idea of them being an Expert exclusive item. Honestly, if you're going to give us a bee-themed backpack, might as well make it a flying backpack to match with the whole 'Bee' theme. I felt like giving Pre-HM wings to the player exclusively in HM would be a fun extra bonus to make up for the fact maybe not everyone wants to fight the demon lord of the underworld with a bunch of bees. (I won't judge you for doing so, just expect the honey droprate in your world to decrease.) The wings generally have the same flight height as the Rocket Boots.

That's it for now, I understand if these weren't as exciting as the other items that were sprited from scratch, I will upload more later, including an armor set based on wood and slime that makes the Slime staff less of a novelty that you'll drop and find to be useless in the middle of Hardmode.
(I like to think I was one of the first people to drop a Slime Staff when they launched 1.2. It dropped for me minutes after I started playing when the update dropped.)​

Back
Top Bottom