Biomes & Nature Living Wood Wands (A change)

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
Hey guys, Dakota here. When I create new worlds, I usually want to get to exploring it. The surface is the obvious place to start. And when I find Hollow living trees, I hope that there happens to be a wand in the chest. The thing is, there are three items you should be able to get from Living Trees. The Living Wood Wand, the Leaf Wand, and the Living Loom. Chances are, you only get one of these things in a Hollow Living Tree. And chances are, you only get one per world. Possibly more if you have a Large world. I have a small suggestion to help change this, so take a look:

When Living Trees spawn, they have a chance of spawning hollow, with a small room down through it's trunk. This room will contain a chest, which will have one of the three items listed above. This is very cool and all, but the thing is, you can't get the most out of one piece of Living Wood building equipment without the other piece.
To fix this, I suggest that Living Looms flat out spawn in the small room, once per room. It can be collected down there. And on any Living Tree, small branches can grow out of the trunk when it spawns. Right click them to break them off. There are two variants of the branch, those being Living Wood Wands and Leaf Wands.
Both kinds will grow out of the trunk in a very small quantity when a Living Tree spawns. This way, you can obtain all three methods of building with Living Wood in a single world without cheating! There is still the possibility of you not getting a Hollow Living Tree, but you will still be able to build with Living Wood and Leaves!

This is the basic idea that I want to put out there. I hope you guys like the idea, and I will see you later. Thanks for reading! Dakota, out.

I cant seem to find it right now but in one of the older posts cenx stated that in the new update always all three items will be in the chest ( maybe she said that on twitter in a post about her programming for the first time, i dont remember exactly).

I cant seem to find it right now but in one of the older posts cenx stated that in the new update always all three items will be in the chest ( maybe she said that on twitter in a post about her programming for the first time, i dont remember exactly).
A link would be a great assurance. I'd just really like this.

Welcome back, Dakota! Great idea as always.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Cenx said it was the Leaf Wand and Living Wood Wand that would always be together.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Cenx said it was the Leaf Wand and Living Wood Wand that would always be together.

ya well hate me for not remembering correctly. at least i was correct with those 2

It's great to hear that you will get all these things, great news actually! With that said, them being snapped off branches of a Living Tree would be a nice addition if it were to be considered in my opinion.

Well thanks for the awesome suggestion, DakotaSpine. Your work is inspiring.

And thank you guys for the awesome feedback. It makes me feel good. Thanks everybody!

Back
Top Bottom