Weapons & Equip Locator Potion?? (spelunker for items, not tiles)

Yes?

• Change recipe (tell me new one please)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add sprite and I will support

• No

• Total voters
I came up with an idea after I died with a mediumcore character underground and it took me ages to find my items. Basically, it's a potion that is very similar to spelunker, but it causes dropped items with a rarity of
blue rarity.png
or higher to glow yellow just like the spelunker potion. So, the recipe:

1x Bottled Water
1x Blinkroot
1x Moonglow
1x Fallen Star
Station: Placed bottle or Alchemy station
EDIT: And here is a sprite:
Locator Potion.png

I think it should not generate in chests, as it is useless to a soft or hardcore character. However, similar to Wormhole potions only dropping from pots in multiplayer, this is obtainable from pots if playing with a mediumcore character. In multiplayer, if not all players are mediumcore, only pots broken by mediumcore players will drop one. Same chance as a Wormhole potion.

Tell me what you think!

Last edited:
I think it should not generate in chests, as it is useless to a soft or hardcore character.
You’re underestimating how useful this buff would be in softcore and even hardcore for loot collection. Often a valuable item will drop from a monster somewhere underground and escape my notice. A few things, though:

-Mediumcore characters can already see the location they last died by viewing the world map.

-The nature of this buff makes it more suitable for a permanent buff, perhaps affiliated with a light pet such as the Magic Lantern. It is useful even when you’re not trying to reclaim your stuff.

-On a somewhat related note, Gold and Platinum coins really ought to have their rarity raised to blue.

Back
Top Bottom