Lock my own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommonZebra

Official Terrarian
I think it would be very helpful for the members and the mod's if we could lock our own thread if we know it was a foolish mistake and we could lock it ourselves.

That would let certain 'members', in a way, get away with certain things - both locking and deleting threads are a Moderator's choice for a reason.

And there's something else - back in TO, things like infractions/warnings couldn't be removed (from what I heard) if the post which earned the point was deleted - that means that members could be stuck with warning points, if the system works like in TO, if someone decides to delete a thread where they got a warning.

I would risk saying it would increase the mods' workload to give members that much control over things.

More that it would have the massive potential for either abuse or mistaken use, leading to messes.

Trust me, the staff is more than happy to lock/retitle/etc anything you want. :)

More that it would have the massive potential for either abuse or mistaken use, leading to messes.

Trust me, the staff is more than happy to lock/retitle/etc anything you want. :)
I know, but us having the ability to delete/lock our OWN threads reduces work and stress for you mods. :D

*Wonders if this thread will get locked*
Also - It may be a bad idea because if a Mod Locks your thread and you unlock it, it's sorta like. Uh.

*Wonders if this thread will get locked*
Also - It may be a bad idea because if a Mod Locks your thread and you unlock it, it's sorta like. Uh.
Well maybe the mod has more power, as in you cant unlock it, but if you lock it, you can unlock it at will

At that point, we are talking about a custom plugin or backend coding.

Which all seems more trouble than its worth....

I think this is one of the cases where looking only at the pros makes it seem like an awesome idea, but if you look at the whole picture, then it's clear that it's a "not broken, don't fix it" scenario.

Had to deal with a particularly good reason for people to not have the ability to lock their threads once. It's really not worth it to let random people control their threads that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom