Blocks & Decoration Logic Lamp Dividers

Leaffen

Plantera
A quick suggestion after running into some specific issues of my own with something large and complex, Logic Lamp Dividers.
These would go on logic gates similar to lamps, but would neither count as On or Off. They simply create space to allow easier wiring for lamps close to the input/output.

Here's what problem this would fix:
For the example, this is essentially a heavily simplified version of a pixel box-related machine I have, where a bug in the system is represented by exploding.
Screenshot_5341.png

Look at the leftmost lamps, and see the lamp at the bottom with the red and blue wires coming out, there's an issue. Since I have no way to divide the lamp which is toggled by a red wire, while a red wire is also coming from the output, when I hit the switch, not only will the lamps turn off, but I will explode.

On the right side, with a Totally Legit Lamp Divider:tm:, things function quite well. The lamp toggled by the red wire is not near the output's red wire, so I do not explode, and the lamps stay on, able to be toggled again.

And before you say it: Yes, I know there are ways to circumvent this. There are plenty of methods, the more complex your machine the more complex those methods become, or some methods requiring additional lamps which, on a large scale, can cause performance issues. Some solutions being easier than others, like if the problem lies with the input on the top of a faulty logic gates, it's not that big of a deal since you can add another logic gate to already get the effect of a lamp divider. Either way, it would add some much appreciated simplicity.

Back
Top Bottom