tModLoader LongbowsFTW - hardmode ore counterparts for Repeaters

A better name for the Brahmastra? (the Hallowed Longbow)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think this is a part of this mode.
but just a suggestion
nobody builds the drill. it has no pros over the pickaxe axe.
could you do the same with these? make both have their pros and cons? therefor u can choose what you like

I don't think this is a part of this mode.
but just a suggestion
nobody builds the drill. it has no pros over the pickaxe axe.
could you do the same with these? make both have their pros and cons? therefor u can choose what you like
I might do something like this.
But it'll either be a part of Vanilla Tweaks or a separate mod.

Nice litle mod. Nice sprites, consistent to the vanilla repeaters.
DPSwise against the dummy they seems to be on par.
make both have their pros and cons?
Atm the bows have a faster firing rate with lower dmg than repeaters. So the repeater should have the better dmg vs higher armor.

Nice litle mod. Nice sprites, consistent to the vanilla repeaters.
DPSwise against the dummy they seems to be on par.
Thanks! And actually I tried to balance them against Hardmode enemies with ~30 Defense. The fact that they're the same against Target Dummies (which only have 0 defense) means I probably screwed up the balance somehow.

Thanks! And actually I tried to balance them against Hardmode enemies with ~30 Defense. The fact that they're the same against Target Dummies (which only have 0 defense) means I probably screwed up the balance somehow.
The bows which have vanilla repeater stats are vanilla balanced somehow:)
Tested against some corruptors (32 def) with no accessories, no armor, no reforges and an endless quiver; godmode ftw :DThe repeaters seem to have like 5-20 more dps against those on average. Depends a bit on crit or non crit ofc:) I hope that helps a bit.

Last edited:
The bows which have vanilla repeater stats are vanilla balanced somehow:)
Tested against some corruptors (32 def) with no accessories, no armor, no reforges and an endless quiver; godmode ftw :DThe repeaters seem to have like 5-20 more dps against those on average. Depends a bit on crit or non crit ofc:) I hope that helps a bit.
Thank you for the help! Yeah, I'll have to test it a bit more myself too.

So, I haven't posted on this thread in a while.

I am planning to add some more content to this mod, and that is - mod integration! Tell me about different mods (e.g. Calamity, Thorium) that add Hardmode repeaters, and I'll try to add a Longbow variant of it.:)

Also, from now on, I'll host all the mod's versions on GitHub. Just in case someone still plays an older version of tModLoader or something.

Just updated to tML v0.10, also added Russian localization.

If anybody wants to help translating the mod to other languages, PM me and we can discuss it.

Longbows FTW v1.10 is out!
  • Added Portuguese translation by @Dota.
    • Fun fact: he sent me the translation a long, long time ago, but I forgot to actually update the mod... I'm sorry.
Then why doesn't there exist a laser pickaxe drop from the martian saucer yet?
I like to think that the Picksaw is an alternative to the Laser Drill, at least in some sense.

From now on, Longbows FTW (and all my other mods) will be maintained by Zerokk.

I've mentioned before that I'm stepping down from Terraria modding for some time to work on other projects as well as my personal life (which I currently don't have). I may come back eventually, but for now it's better if someone more active in the community continues my work.

The new thread can be found here, this one will be closed soon.

So, this mod is back.

It has a new icon:
5ew9T6q.png

It's pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom