PS4 Looking for banners.

LeftyRedd

Official Terrarian
Trying to get banners for the console exclusive enemies before they're removed from the game when 1.3 comes out. Can anyone help me out with some extras they have?
PSN ID is Lefty_Redd

I would "help" you obtain these banners but for the time being I do not have PSPlus. I can provide advice on how to obtain them though, as I spent the time to get them myself.
Please read the bottom before farming, it might come as useful information.
There are 10 banners, each coming from their respected enemy. If you want them to die frequently it is recommended to have 2 water candles and several battlepotions (For spawns), and summoner geared summons with infinite duration like the Tempest Staff or Raven Staff (for killing, as you need to hold one of your water candles for more spawns)
These are the spawning requirements for the enemies:
Albino Antlion - desert
Arch Demon - The underworld, more common in pre-hard mode
Arch Wyvern - Hard mode, Space, might need to use force, maybe forget summons for them
Dragon Snatcher - jungle surface, more common in pre-hard mode
Orca - ocean
Shadow Hammer - underground corruption
Shadow Mummy - Hard mode, Corrupted or Crimson desert
Spectral Elemental - Underground hallow
Spectral Gastropod - Surface Hallow (Night)
Vampire Miner - Underground, easier to kill other enemies taking spawns if in pre-hard mode

Just make sure there are no player placed background walls where you're farming, and no Town NPCs either.
If you're making artificial biomes, they require specific amounts of blocks, which can be found here. https://terraria.wiki.gg/Guide:Artificial_biomes
The enemies that belong to the hallow can be spawned in pre-hard mode if you make a hallowed biome to farm at.
Make sure where you are farming there are open areas with no caverns below by around 50 blocks. (If there are, you can just fill them in).
You can box yourself in to stay safe, and if you're using traps make sure to not die to them. (Lava not recommended!)
I hope you have something to do while farming, as waiting around will be boring, and you have to check around every 20-30 minutes, as items can despawn if there are too many items on the floor, depending on how efficient you kill them.
This may take awhile, as the banner drop rates of 1/250 can be unforgiving. I did proficient farming of these for at least 3 hours each banner, and it took several days. They may not even be worth the effort as who knows if these things will be deleted in upcoming updates, so unless you want to use them in builds or some sort of tribute/trophy/completion, I would not go for them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom