Looking for co-op help

DebbieH

Terrarian
Hello everybody.

I started playing Terraria on the Xbox One when a friend introduced me to the game. That friend quickly got bored with the game and stopped playing. Struggling for money that friend had to sell her console to get money.

I then moved to the PC version as it has way more content than the console, and the best bit is i still get to use an Xbox controller so it feels just like it did on the console.

But I have now gotten as far as i can on my own and would need, and like, help to finish the game.

I've tried time and time again but I just can't beat Duke Fishron, The Lunar events and the Moon Lord or the "Old One's Army" event. I've even resorted to using mods in a bid to beat the game but even with all the best gear I still can't do it all solo.

So I turn to everybody here and ask for help.

I'm willing to host (or join) a game and grind away so that all team members get a fair share of the efforts...
for example Luminite, which is only from the Moon Lord. (taken from http://terraria.wiki.gg/Moon_Lord)
Crafting all items requires 1088 Luminite. This means defeating the Moon Lord 13 - 16 times in normal mode

I'd be prepared to grind away until all team members had enough Lumite. Along with all the other cool stuff like "The Terrarian" YoYo.
If i need to start a new world to make an arena (or 3 as it's 3 events I'm struggling with ) to fight these events then I'll do that too.

Likewise if anybody is fairly new to the game and struggling to make their way through It I am more than to help with what I can.

If still needed, I don't mind helping out.
I'm not really ever online on Steam, so if you quote my post or give me a personal message then that'll be great.

You can also keep all drops yourself since, well, I don't need any. ;)

Most excellent guys, thank you.
I waited to see if i would get any replies before posting any details and now that i have 2 great offers of help i shall post this - http://steamcommunity.com/id/debbieh2

I'm in the UK and its' winter so the time zone is GMT. I'm unemployed so, not needing to worry about getting ready for work or anything, have some flexibility on when i can get online and for how long.

All right, I've sent you a friend request. :) I'm in a country right next to you, so that's good, time zone wise.
I also have nothing to do today so if you like we can get started right away.

@DebbieH: I don't know if you wanted more runs, but if you need help again, feel free to post here or message me through this board as I'm almost always offline in Steam. :)

@DebbieH: I don't know if you wanted more runs, but if you need help again, feel free to post here or message me through this board as I'm almost always offline in Steam. :)

Thanks "Gotcha". I'd like at least three more runs at the Moon Lord and that should give me enough lumite as make the "Solar Flare" armour and tools plus the Wings. Hopefully I can then earn more on my own? the "Meowmere " sword sounds real nice so if i can bag that in the process that would be nice.

I would like a few runs at "Duke Fishron" to try and bag some goodies from him. More so as it looks like a good place to start for Magic based weapons.

I'm not fussy for any more runs on the "Old Ones Army" event as I've had a look at what's on offer and not sure if i want any of it? But thanks to the tips you gave me last time think i can maybe manage that on my own at a later date?

I will need to stock up on potions such as Endurance and Regeneration potions as I have only a couple left.

And I will stock up on "Truffle Worms" too.

I'm a little under the weather just now and not much in the mood for gaming just now. Got plans for tomorrow (Thursday 12th) and into the weekend.

I will let you (and the others that have offered help) know when I am ready to next play.

Hopefully I can then earn more on my own?
After you have end-game armour and a few nice drops from the moon lord you should definitely be able to kill it on your own.
There are also several cheap tactics to it, which I can show if you want. :)

I would like a few runs at "Duke Fishron" to try and bag some goodies from him. More so as it looks like a good place to start for Magic based weapons.
The Duke has the best wings in my opinion (even when compared to the end game ones), and the Razorblade Typhoon that he drops is definitely something you'd want to have. It makes fighting the pillars and even the moon lord so much easier, since you can just spam this weapon and don't need to aim.
Although the Vortex Beater and chlorophyte bullets make things very easy as well. :)

I'm not fussy for any more runs on the "Old Ones Army" event as I've had a look at what's on offer and not sure if i want any of it? But thanks to the tips you gave me last time think i can maybe manage that on my own at a later date?
Yes, you're right. In my opinion the drops aren't worth it anymore once you have the Duke's stuff. They're not that good. And yes, you can easily do this event later on to collect whatever you want; it'll be a breeze.
It's already a breeze right now. Place 4 of those lightning pillars near each portal, one on the crystal, place 6 ballistas around the crystal and you can basically go drink a cup of coffee in the final wave while the dragon is being dealt with. ;)

After you have end-game armour and a few nice drops from the moon lord you should definitely be able to kill it on your own.
There are also several cheap tactics to it, which I can show if you want. :)

I'll take any hints, tips and tactics offered. :D

I'll take any hints, tips and tactics offered. :D
Next time we play I can build you a small safe house so you can tank the moon lord, IF you want to go down the melee path.

If you prefer distance, any homing weapons (Vortex Beater+Chloro bullets, Razorblade Typhoon) will do nicely when you're flying away from the moon lord in your UFO (Cosmic Car Key mount) while just keeping on firing, although his big beam is still something to look out for. Better to fly in large circles perhaps.

A huge tip is to build a small house with a platform roof (so you can easily fly out of it), where you can make your spawnpoint and house the nurse.
Whenever you're low on health you can return home, get healing from the nurse and quickly fly away again, since the moon lord will be right behind you. Cheap healing throughout the whole fight!

My favourite method is using the Nebula armour and The Last Prism (requires you to kill the moon lord a few times).
I leave all the little powerups alone after I kill the last pillar and its enemies. After the moon lord teleports in I pick up the powerups. The moon lord is then pretty much a push-over. :)

Next time we play I can build you a small safe house so you can tank the moon lord, IF you want to go down the melee path.
If you prefer distance, any homing weapons (Vortex Beater+Chloro bullets, Razorblade Typhoon) will do nicely when you're flying away from the moon lord in your UFO (Cosmic Car Key mount) while just keeping on firing, although his big beam is still something to look out for. Better to fly in large circles perhaps.

Most of my curent gear is for melee and ranged weapons, but that is all easy changed, so continuing with that for now would be the easy way. More so as part of a team where somebody uses magic and somebody else uses melee and somebody else uses something else and we all make up from the pros and cons of any one particular style.
What magic gear would you recommend? Armour, weapons, mana regeneration ability. After watching how easy you made it look I'd be a fool not to have magic gear.

I might start a new world so there is space for building better arena? Would take me a little time to work through all the other bosses though.

What magic gear would you recommend? Armour, weapons, mana regeneration ability. After watching how easy you made it look I'd be a fool not to have magic gear.
I have to say that it can be just as easy to kill the moonlord as a ranger or melee, so if anything, you should take the one you like the most. :)
I've got no experience with summoning though. I'm currently playing through expert mode (reached the pillars and moonlord now) and found summoning quite useless so far. Maybe it's better in normal mode, I dunno.

I might start a new world so there is space for building better arena? Would take me a little time to work through all the other bosses though.
Well, the melee 'arena' for the moon lord is basically a small box, surrounded by heart statues, heart lamps, healing accessories and standing in honey. :p For the other damage classes the sky is basically your arena.

@Gotcha! If got an arena set up similar to what you describe - the roof to fly out of, the nurse, honey to stand in and 2 heart statues wired to a 1 second timer.

I set up an arena for Duke Fishron too. No honey to stand in and no heart statues iether but I'll comb my other worlds looking for those.

if i can find a Star Statue (or 2) I'll set them up too.

A big thank you first of all to those that have helped and give me pointers...I can now beat the Lunar events, The Moon Lord and Duke Fishron solo 8 times out of 10 (ish)
Three events now stand in my way of doing all there is to do in the game.

I can reach wave 14(ish) in:
  • The Frost Moon
  • Pumpkin Moon
  • Frost Legion
On a good day I'm getting to around 60-70% event complete then simply run out of time. On a bad day I barely make wave 14. Sometimes I die which costs time but most of the time I can survive the 7:30pm-4:30am onslaught fairly easily.

I'm out of the ingredients needed to make the necessary summoning items but I'll get started on farming those soon.

The Frost Legion should be easy, since that one is just a goblin/pirate type of invasion. And since you defeated the Moon Lord you'll have the tools to make these snow men die by even looking at them.

For the Pumpkin Moon, the easiest thing to do is using your arsenal of Moon Lord drops to utterly waltz over everything. You'll easily reach wave 15, which would be the final wave.
If you're still having difficulties, arm yourself with a Mana Flower, lots of mana potions, a Cross Necklace and The Last Prism. Just keep firing that laser.

The Frost Moon can be a bit harder, since in my experience there's simply less enemies spawning here, making it longer to reach the next waves.
In Expert Mode you can easily reach wave 20, due to enemies giving more points when defeated, but it requires a lot more effort to not die (which, as you also stated, costs time).
Same advice here, equipment wise. If you have the Nebula armour you can pick up nice boosters to make your The Last Prism even more potent, and the continuous life regeneration makes you next to invulnerable.

Anyway, if you need help tackling anything, feel free to give a shout.

When i posted that post about the Frost Legion and stuff I didn't have the Meowmere. After one more run at Moon Lord I got that blade.
What a bewt.
Frost Legion was a cake walk.
The Frost Moon I got 60% through wave 16 before running out of time to go further. 15 main waves and 5 bonus waves sees that being good enough for me.
I'm about to cook up the Medallion to take on the Pumpkin Moon but i suspect I will fair about the same as Frost Moon. :D

@Gotcha..I'm busyish until the weekend with little time to play online or at least for any length of time in a single sitting, I'll be in and out like a yoyo.
I'll need to find time to give you that game you've been wanting for so long.

Getting to wave 16 in the Frost Moon is simply put very good. I doubt most people'd get much higher than that, apart from using cheesy tactics or simply playing it in expert mode. So, well done. :)

Don't worry about me; I like helping out, but it seems to me you're kicking serious behind on your own now, which is good. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom