Looking for suggestions for 3DS games!

hypa!【=◈︿◈=】

Empress of Light
In about 4 months time it will be my birthday, and what I'm looking to buy myself is a new Nintendo 3DS, as I have had my DSi for 6 years and I think it's time for an upgrade.

I am currently going to go with Nintendo's bundle creator when it comes to purchasing, as it offers great value for money all for a decent price of £200. You might say that's a lot but everything is discounted meaning what ever you choose, it will always be £200. You choose 1 3DS with your colour choice. (White) One game of your choice. (SSB4 obvs) An amiibo of your choice (Would've gone with Shovel Knight or Sonic, but right now I would choose Pac-Man). You also get a pack of cover plates of your choice (blue) and finally any gift listed (amiibo trio pack).

However, SSB4 won't just suffice! The 3DS has many great titles, I know a few, but not many and that's why I'm asking you lovely people for suggestions!

So comment below what you think is a great 3DS game and leave reasons if you can.

Obviously I will have my own opinions, please don't be butthurt if I don't like the game your suggesting. Have fun with what you think is fun, your opinion is fine and should be fine, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

This has been a political message from Donald Trump.

Last edited:
Monster Hunter 4/3 Ultimate, or, if you can wait until 15th July, Monster Hunter Generations.
If you like boss fights and smacking giant dragons round the face with a huge hammer, I'd recommend it.
It's a really fun game series, and the community is great to boot. There's tons of different weapons to choose from, all to suit different play styles and preferences.
Most of the monsters look really nice too, and a lot of them a fun to fight (with a few exceptions).
If you're not a fan of grinding, though, it's probably not the best. You have to grind for pretty much everything. Weapons, armour, decorations, upgrades to weapons/armour and more.
But it's rewarding, and hey, you can play online with others.

Monster Hunter 4/3 Ultimate, or, if you can wait until 15th July, Monster Hunter Generations.
If you like boss fights and smacking giant dragons round the face with a huge hammer, I'd recommend it.
It's a really fun game series, and the community is great to boot. There's tons of different weapons to choose from, all to suit different play styles and preferences.
Most of the monsters look really nice too, and a lot of them a fun to fight (with a few exceptions).
If you're not a fan of grinding, though, it's probably not the best. You have to grind for pretty much everything. Weapons, armour, decorations, upgrades to weapons/armour and more.
But it's rewarding, and hey, you can play online with others.
Well grinding does lead to lengthetivity, but I'm not super hot on RPGs and I have heard of it, will check it out more though!

Have a cookie for being the first suggester.

Well grinding does lead to lengthetivity, but I'm not super hot on RPGs and I have heard of it, will check it out more though!

Have a cookie for being the first suggester.
is it oatmeal
The game is incredibly long, especially if you decide to master all weapons. I'm 400 hours into 4 Ultimate and not done yet.
There is a demo on the nintendo eShop you can get, you can try out all the weapons and fight some of the monsters.

Get Sun or Moon when it launches. Or pick up Fire Emblem Awakening. I dunno. What are you interested in?
Honestly, put your pitchforks away now, I've never been a fan of Pokemon. The only slightly pokemon thing I am interested in is Pokemon GO, and if that doesn't turn me into a fan I don't know what will. Seen Fire Emblem series as well, just not for me. In terms of what I like, it's generally indie or casual games, but there are blockbuster games I wuld love to own as well as maybe a few Action/Adventure games. Not much in to puzzle and if you suggest a match 3 type game I will break your legs have to politely tell you to suggest me something that isn't a terrible knockoff.​

Kirby Triple Deluxe
  • Fun copy abilities
  • Lot's of gameplay
  • Has a couple minigames
Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
  • Great remake of the 3rd generation games with some good new features
Mario Kart 7
  • It's mario kart
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
  • I heard a lot of people like it
Puzzle and Dragons Z
  • Watered-down version of a really great free-to-play app on iTunes/Google Play
  • Still fun nonetheless, more RPG than Puzzle (it's literally moving orbs around a screen, not even that hard tbh)
  • Comes with a second game, Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Edition
idk if these are good suggestions, but you wanted some, so here ya go ^_^

Kirby Triple Deluxe
  • Fun copy abilities
  • Lot's of gameplay
  • Has a couple minigames
Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
  • Great remake of the 3rd generation games with some good new features
Mario Kart 7
  • It's mario kart
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
  • I heard a lot of people like it
Puzzle and Dragons Z
  • Watered-down version of a really great free-to-play app on iTunes/Google Play
  • Still fun nonetheless, more RPG than Puzzle (it's literally moving orbs around a screen, not even that hard tbh)
  • Comes with a second game, Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Edition
idk if these are good suggestions, but you wanted some, so here ya go ^_^

Kirby Triple Deluxe - The only Kirby game I have ever been interested in was Epic Yarn, that game looked fun. Will check this out.

Pokemon - Sorry, put your pitchfork away now, as mentioned above, I never been a fan of Pokemon, I just didn't grow up with it and the only Pokemon thing I've ever really been interested in is GO, which still isn't out yet.

Mario Kart 7 - Generally I will probably get, Nintendo just kinda annoyed me that for Mario Kart 8 they decided they would the take the gravity mechanic from Crash Nitro Kart, which was original at the time.

Xenoblade Chronicles I have also heard of but I would need to look at it more.

Puzzle and Dragons - Eh, thought I told you to not suggest puzzle games dammit never really enjoyed the IOS version, match 3 games for me become boring in like 5 seconds.

*goes to look at Triple Deluxe and Xenoblade*

Perhaps Ocarina of Time, Link Between Worlds, or Animal Crossing New Leaf. OoT's a remake, LBW is essentially a sequel to Link to the Past, and New Leaf is another installation into the franchise that's usually pretty similar across the board.

Perhaps Ocarina of Time, Link Between Worlds, or Animal Crossing New Leaf. OoT's a remake, LBW is essentially a sequel to Link to the Past, and New Leaf is another installation into the franchise that's usually pretty similar across the board.

Never been a fan of Zelda ever, seriously I'm not super fussy. But what is the hype around animal crossing... I never saw any interest in that game or why anyone wanted to be a furr- I mean obsessed with that 'game'.

Animal Crossing manages to take a lot of boring, every day things and make them more entertaining and calming. It gives you a greater sense of satisfaction and control than your own life can sometimes provide. I've found myself often playing at the wee hours of the morning just to have that feel of calm and serenity that's hard to replicate elsewhere. I'm running out of options here considering you dislike most of Nintendo's flagship franchises.

Animal Crossing manages to take a lot of boring, every day things and make them more entertaining and calming. It gives you a greater sense of satisfaction and control than your own life can sometimes provide. I've found myself often playing at the wee hours of the morning just to have that feel of calm and serenity that's hard to replicate elsewhere. I'm running out of options here considering you dislike most of Nintendo's flagship franchises.
Well, I kinda grew up with Sega, so there's your reason to that. You could try and think of eshop games? Also, looking more into Animal Crossing as we speak. Honestly if the Mario and Luigi saga games are on the eshop I'm sold.

eShop... If you like Indie I know Shantae is on there. The eShop has most 3DS releases already on there so you could buy a few eShop cards and load up. They have a lot of old SNES and Gameboy games on eShop too. And I know there's Mario and Luigu Drean Team (which I found to be meh), Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam (which I heard was bad) and there may be a few older Mario RPGs also on eShop.

eShop... If you like Indie I know Shantae is on there. The eShop has most 3DS releases already on there so you could buy a few eShop cards and load up. They have a lot of old SNES and Gameboy games on eShop too. And I know there's Mario and Luigu Drean Team (which I found to be meh), Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam (which I heard was bad) and there may be a few older Mario RPGs also on eShop.
Gameboy games?!! GAMEBOY GAMES?!!! :red: it, I'm sold.

is it oatmeal
The game is incredibly long, especially if you decide to master all weapons. I'm 400 hours into 4 Ultimate and not done yet.
There is a demo on the nintendo eShop you can get, you can try out all the weapons and fight some of the monsters.
Been looking at Monster Hunter, I would give it a go, but Idk if 4 Ultimate is better than Generations.

Been looking at Monster Hunter, I would give it a go, but Idk if 4 Ultimate is better than Generations.
4 Ultimate has a "G rank", which is basically an extension on to the main game (it's mostly online stuff), which makes it longer. There's more monsters, weapons, etc.
Generations doesn't, but I've heard it's incredibly long too. With the addition of hunting styles, hunter arts, deviant monsters and some older elder dragons returning, it's around the same length as 4U.

I'd say generations, but if you can't wait 4U is the best choice.

4 Ultimate has a "G rank", which is basically an extension on to the main game (it's mostly online stuff), which makes it longer. There's more monsters, weapons, etc.
Generations doesn't, but I've heard it's incredibly long too. With the addition of hunting styles, hunter arts, deviant monsters and some older elder dragons returning, it's around the same length as 4U.

I'd say generations, but if you can't wait 4U is the best choice.
Well I can, considering I don't own this 3DS yet. :p

EDIT: Just found out TBOI:R is on the 3DS eshop. Status: help.

Hmm...
Starfox 3D
Super Mario World
Starfox
Kid Icarus: Uprising (Never even seen of gameplay video. just the title:p)
Super Metriod
PHOENIX WRIGHT GAMES
Heh..Terraria:naughty:

And that's everything off my mind.
Kid Icarus: Uprising is really fun, one of my favourite 3DS games so far. I got a few laughs out of it, and still occasionally replay a chapter or two today.

Back
Top Bottom