Other Lots of suggestions!

I have recently been getting back into terraria because of the new update, and combining my times on steam and on mobile I believe I have over 1000+ hours combined with my time from before 1.3.5.
However, many ideas popped into my head while I was playing, and I just wanted to spurt them into open air to see if they could possibly be added. If I have posted this in the wrong place, I am sorry, but I didn't know where to put this because it was so broad.

Okay, first off, farming and cooking.
It's really bugged me that there aren't many food items in the game. My first idea was to allow the player to grow more than just the potions herbs, and allow the players to grow more fruits and vegetables that could be used in cooking. In order to farm, you would need to (obviously) have a seed of what you would want, and plant it in a section of dirt with no grass growing on it. Times may vary depending on the plant grown, but I'm guessing 2-3 days would be the average of the time it would take plants to grow. Since there are more ingredients allowing for more variation with cooking, you could actually cook more than just sashimi.
A thought I had while writing section this was making a hunger system. You should be able to disable it without changing your core, as I'm sure many people on hardcore challenges would not appreciate being forced to endure the extra challenge. Getting ideas from several sources, I believe hunger should have 3 stages. The first stage should happen after a day of not eating, and it should have a name like "Grumbly Tummy" or something, and it just stops the player from regenerating. The second stage would happen after a day and a half after that, and would be called something along the lines of "Famished!". This stage would result in the player's movement and attack speed getting reducted, as well as their jump height and damage getting reducted. The final stage would happen half a day after the previous stage, and would be called "Starving to death!". Where the player would begin to slowly lose health until they die at a speed similar to health regeneration (but backwards).
Personally, I would enjoy this extra challenge, but I'm not sure how others feel.

Secondly, I have some ideas for items/equipment, so I'll go in alphabetical order:
Bone Mask - Turn into a skeleton while underground (Stops health regeneration, but increased movement speed and attack damage)
Greater Restoration Potion - Restores 200 Health and Mana
Frog Arms - Increases swim speed and increases player movement speed (Can be merged with frog legs)
Frog Suit - Increases swim speed and movement speed, as well as jump height. Absorbs some fall damage.
Medical Gun - Shoot players on the same team to heal them (Only works in multiplayer obviously)
Rain Totem - A consumable item that only works in the forest, and makes it rain for 12 hours straight. Rain charms cannot be used within one week of each other.
Wealth Potion - Increases the amount of money that enemies drop by 15%

Thirdly, A swamp biome!
All my ideas, this one especially, are not expected to be added, however, they would be fun if added.
However, it always intrigued me there wasn't a biome like this, one with sticky mud blocks that would lower the player's jump height and walk speed, with murky water that would have lots of unique fish, as well as a unique environment with lots of bugs everywhere that could be used for fishing. It would pretty much be a dream come true for a terraria fishing enthusiast.
(If you want to know what I picture in my head, just imagine Dagobah from Star Wars)

Thanks for reading! Any thoughts?

Edit:
A friend reminded me of something while playing a bit ago, he whined about how invisibility potions really weren't that useful during combat. They don't hide your accessories and enemies will still attack you. My final suggestion is to make invisibility potions hide your accessories, make lower level enemies unable to see you, and perhaps even slow down the attack rate of higher level enemies and bosses.

Last edited:
Shouldn't this go in Portfolios?

Anyways...
Food:
Maybe for a mod.
Equipment:
1. This doesn't seem that useful.
2. There's a reason they didn't add this. Two letters, the ones between N and Q, you know?
3. Support
4. Support, more Mario is always welcome until it gets to the point where it becomes a Mario game and Nintendo sends Cease and Desist
5. Stats?
6. Support, we need this.
7. We have this already.

Swamp:
Sure, a swamp biome would be cool, as long as it's underground. We're running out of space on the surface

Invisibility Potions:
These are meant for PvP, I think? That's what everyone else says.

I actually think the swamp would suit better as a mini biome on the surface. And also cooking in my opinion would be better if it restored your health or gave you immunity to a buff.

Back
Top Bottom