Mobile Low fps of "distortion" in the desert

w105

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
Xiaomi mi 9
Mobile OS
Miui 12.0.6, android 10
I play on a xiaomi mi 9 device.
The frame rate is always stable, 60 frames.
But as soon as I enter the desert, it immediately hurts my eyes.
Animation of distortions from high temperature goes to 30 fps but the game fps still remains 60 frames per second. This is clearly a bug.
On a much weaker Samsung a31 device, this animation is smooth, clearly more than 30 fps, although the game itself doesn't always go to 60 frames per second.
Please fix it

Last edited:
I play on a xiaomi mi 9 device.
The frame rate is always stable, 60 frames.
But as soon as I enter the desert, it immediately hurts my eyes.
Animation of distortions from high temperature goes to 30 fps. This is clearly a bug.
On a much weaker Samsung a31 device, this animation is smooth, clearly more than 30 fps, although the game itself doesn't always go to 60 frames per second.
Please fix it
A bug? It is not connected with Terraria as I think, but with the device. Disable distortions in the settings and be fine.

I believe that on the flagship of 2019, which runs on the latest miui and already has Android 11 and is ready to quietly compete with modern devices, disabling visual effects is a bit wrong. I hope the developers are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

then turn them off in the settings :l
I believe that on the flagship of 2019, which runs on the latest miui and already has Android 11 and is ready to quietly compete with modern devices, disabling visual effects is a bit wrong. I hope the developers are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

You should be able to live with 30fps but if you really can’t stand it just go to Settings then video and at the bottom there should be an on/off switch next to the text ‘screen effects’, all you need to do is tap on the in/off switch. This should turn off the haze and put the frame rate back up to 60.

You should be able to live with 30fps but if you really can’t stand it just go to Settings then video and at the bottom there should be an on/off switch next to the text ‘screen effects’, all you need to do is tap on the in/off switch. This should turn off the haze and put the frame rate back up to 60.
I want to note that the overall game fps remains 60 frames, and the animation of the haze on the eye is about 30 fps (when changing the frame rate from 60 to 30, the animation of the haze is still slow, but the FPS of the game itself is also 30). I return the frame rate slider back and the game fps instantly becomes 60, but the haze animation is still as slow. This is clearly a malfunction.

bruh your complaining about a barely visible effect is 30fps when everything else is 60fps, and don't want to turn it off, pls I'm crying you a tear, might even play you a song on the worlds smallest violin

Try turning the frame rate cap down to 30fps and see whether there is still a drop.
If I reduce the frame rate and set it to 30, then the haze has the same slow animation, but everything else also slows down and works in 30 frames. It seems that the haze simply does not respond to the 30/60 frame switch and always works at a speed of 30 frames

bruh your complaining about a barely visible effect is 30fps when everything else is 60fps, and don't want to turn it off, pls I'm crying you a tear, might even play you a song on the worlds smallest violin
Buddy, due to the fact that this "haze" effect works 2 times slower, I get a very "broken" picture. You can't put it into words. If it did not interfere, then I would not write about this problem on the forum.

Ok then the game might not - for any reason - be able to handle the desert haze at 60 Fps. I am pretty sure that it is device related because elsewhere the frame drop isn’t as large.

Last edited:
That's the point. The power reserve of the device is still quite a lot. There should be no problems with some kind of haze. But its speed is consistently 30 frames per second when the frame rate counter is set to "60". I am more than sure that this is some kind of bug / incompatibility and I just want to give resonance to this problem and for the developers to try to fix it
Ok then the game might not - for any reason - be able to handle the desert haze at 60 Fps. It is unusual that it could handle it on a weaker device.

I am pretty sure it is device related because of the fact that the bug doesn’t occur elsewhere
Probably some kind of incompatibility. But this is not some "unknown" phone, but the flagship of 2019, and the fact that it has problems with the animation in the game is strange. I think that this problem was not detected at the time of the update release and I encountered it.

If you know anyone else who plays terraria on xiaomi mi 9 it might be worth asking them if they get a similar drop.

If you know anyone else who plays terraria on xiaomi mi 9 it might be worth asking them if they get a similar drop.
My friend has the same device only on 64 GB of memory while I have 128. I will try to contact him and in the evening I will answer whether there will be the same problem on his device.

Back
Top Bottom