tModLoader Low-Health Beep Remake

PastaLaVista

Queen Bee
Are you a fan of when games warns you that your health has gotten low? Perhaps you've used iWasHere's "Low-Health Beep" mod back when playing modded Terraria 1.3.5.6, and then found yourself disappointed that the mod haven't been available at all since tModLoader was ported to Terraria 1.4.

Well, this mod is here to fix that problem. This mod will play a warning sound and show some text under the player that warns them when their health is low, and it will be a different warning depending on how low the health is at. You can also customize everything about this mod in the mod's configuration.

An alternative mod you can use if this one doesn't suit your tastes is Core's HP Awareness mod. This mod doesn't personally do it for me, as it feels a bit too AAA for this pixel indie game imo, but it is a well-made mod with far more customization than this one so if that's what you want then there you go.

A few things have changed from the original, mainly the mod's config. The config can now be accessed from the in-game config, as opposed to the original that could only be edited externally with a text editor. I've also made it so that both the "danger" warning and the "peril" warning can have all their variables edited separately, whereas in the original some of the features could only be changed for both warnings at once. Lastly, I made you able to turn of the mods functionality in-game without disabling the mod itself, should you want to be able to turn of the mod temporarily or if you're playing with someone who doesn't want to use the mod at all. Whatever reason you may have, the feature is there if you want it.

The mod can be found on the Steam Workshop under the same name as this thread. Should the workshop be down or you just don't want to use it, the mod can be downloaded manually from here. The zip file includes both the 1.4.3.6 version and the 1.4.4 preview version.

NOTE: This is not a port of iWasHere's mod. This mod was done from scratch with no access to the original source code. Should iWasHere return and port the original mod to 1.4 and ask me to remove my version, I will do so. This mod was created out of love for the original, not to steal its thunder.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom