NPCs & Enemies M.A.R.V.I.N. (Another Mechanical Brain Suggestion)

What are your thoughts on this suggestion?

• It's great!

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Needs improvement.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Meh.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • It's bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's terrible.

• It's the most awful thing I've ever read. It makes me envy the blind. Get out, and never come back.

• If I see another mech brain suggestion, I will rip off and eat your face with my thumb and a straw.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Trollking6

Skeletron Prime
This is another Mech Brain suggestion, because why not? M.A.R.V.I.N. (Massive And Ruthlessly Violent Intellectual Network) is the Mechanical version of the Brain of Cthulhu. It will spawn randomly like the Destroyer in crimson worlds, and can be summoned with a mechanical brain (vertebrae instead of rotten chunks). Like the Destroyer, it will also chase you to the ends of the earth.

When summoned, it will come with 25 Robotic eyes in the center of sawblades called See-saws. Each See-saw would have 1000 Hp, and will shoot lasers. When their Hp reaches 0, their eyes will break, removing their ability to shoot lasers, but they will still chase you, dealing an increased amount of contact damage. Like the Brain, the See-saws will not despawn.

The Brain can teleport, but will wait for the See-saws (Which will move faster when far away) if they are too far away, so it won't teleport directly to you if you go too far. When all of the See-saws are broken, the brain's shields will go down, allowing you to attack it. The brain has 50k Hp and will shoot lasers at you in this state. In expert mode, the brain and see-saws can give you blackout.

When defeated, the brain will drop the same stuff as the destroyer (none of the uses for souls of might are corruption-related, so why make a new one?), except for the mask and trophy, which will be replaced with M.A.R.V.I.N. versions.

I made some quick sprites to give you an idea of what the See-saws might look like. These will most definitely not be the actual sprites.
See-saw
9UDdNhb.png
xHi2idP.png

Last edited:
So we will fight M.A.R.V.I.N. instead of Destroyer on Crimson worlds? Awesome thing! Also, the stats are fine for me, finally, this is just awesome!

This is great! And the name is really creative! But just some questions- is the brain always susceptible to attacks, or just after all of the see-saws are killed? And how many see-saws are spawned per robotic eye? And can you kill the robotic eyes? Sorry for spamming you with questions, but maybe if you answer these, I can think of some stats for you to make this a bit more comprehensive. But anyway, great job! :D

This is great! And the name is really creative! But just some questions- is the brain always susceptible to attacks, or just after all of the see-saws are killed? And how many see-saws are spawned per robotic eye? And can you kill the robotic eyes? Sorry for spamming you with questions, but maybe if you answer these, I can think of some stats for you to make this a bit more comprehensive. But anyway, great job! :D
As I said, the brain's shields go down when the See-saws are killed, allowing you to attack it. Also, the eyes ARE the See-saws (Hence the name SEE-saws). They just have blades around them (As shown in the sprite). I apologize for the confusing wording.

Last edited:
As I said, the brain's shields go down when the See-saws are killed, allowing you to attack it. Also, the eyes ARE the See-saws (Hence the name SEE-saws). They just have blades around them (As shown in the sprite). I apologize for the confusing wording.
OHHHH! I thought there were eyes, and then around them were enemies called see-saws! :p Well thanks for clearing up! And I will think of some stats if you would like :) (And I really like the sprites for the see-saws) :)

Back
Top Bottom