PC Mage Gear For Cultists/Lord

BinSoBad

Terrarian
This is my current setup but instead of Celestial Stone it is now the Celestial Shell. Everything is Warding, should I go down to 50 defense making everything Menacing for 24% extra damage or is the defense worth more? I can't decide on which route to go, I am thinking Menacing but I am not totally convinced. Also, which weapons should I use for cultists, towers and the Moon Lord? I currently am running: Razorpine, Razorblade Typhoon, Lazer Machinegun, Magnet Sphere, Raven Staff + Blizzard Staff. Which of these would be more beneficial? What about my gear should change, if anything? Good Arena for mage Moon Lord?

Thanks!
- BinSoBad
20181104094504_1.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much about going for warding or menacing.
Find yourself a UFO mount, grab your Razorblade Typhoon, and use the sky as your arena. Fly into one direction, diagonally going up and down (to dodge and to go faster), and let him have it.
In my opinion only melee needs a special arena to fight the Moon Lord.

I'd say, if you really need healing during the fight, switch when needed. But I wouldn't use the hood, since it'll massively hurt your damage output.
The lesser damage you do, the longer you have to fight the boss, the more you'll end up getting hit.

I wouldn't worry too much about going for warding or menacing.
Find yourself a UFO mount, grab your Razorblade Typhoon, and use the sky as your arena. Fly into one direction, diagonally going up and down (to dodge and to go faster), and let him have it.
In my opinion only melee needs a special arena to fight the Moon Lord.
Not far from your nurse. The cultist chooses where one goes, not you.

This is my current setup but instead of Celestial Stone it is now the Celestial Shell. Everything is Warding, should I go down to 50 defense making everything Menacing for 24% extra damage or is the defense worth more? I can't decide on which route to go, I am thinking Menacing but I am not totally convinced. Also, which weapons should I use for cultists, towers and the Moon Lord? I currently am running: Razorpine, Razorblade Typhoon, Lazer Machinegun, Magnet Sphere, Raven Staff + Blizzard Staff. Which of these would be more beneficial? What about my gear should change, if anything? Good Arena for mage Moon Lord?

Thanks!
- BinSoBad
View attachment 212479
If your world is Corruption, I suggest getting a Guide Voodoo Doll and getting a Crimson World, and progress until you get Vampire Knives. Then go Spectre Mask. I'd also check your binds, there should be a button for mana potions, (you won't need them, but it can help replace the flower.) then replacing your Magic Flower for Magic Cuffs. They provide mana when damaged, and increased range for mana stars when something you kill drops a mana star.

Also, a good note for ANY time, fill your other 3 Vanity Accessory slots, that way you can switch your vanity/equipped faster.

Vampire knives do low damage and have a high spread. In my opinion they're utterly useless against the cultist and moon lord.
Resorting to this weapon just makes the fight last a lot longer and it won't heal you enough to keep you going.
If he needs healing, he's better off switching to the hood mid-fight and switch back after he's full of health.
But to each their own I guess.

Actually, you'd be surprised. I only beat Duke Fishron for the first time because of Vampire Knives, it heals you just enough to use your next potion. Also, using the Charm Of Myths is always handy, it lowers the Potion Sickness debuff to 45 seconds, instead of a minute.

Back
Top Bottom