Working as Designed Magic lantern

Heavymetal975

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
Galaxy s20 5g
Mobile OS
Android 13
I recently got the magic lantern and it barely gives off any light when compared to the crimson heart, which is supposed give the same amount of light as the magic lantern. Here's a screenshot

Screenshot_20240411_122622_Terraria.jpg

It looks like it’s lighting up the way it is intended to light up so all is good, it’s brightness wasn’t supposed to be very bright and I think it could be because of how it lights up ores without 15 blocks of it

It looks like it’s lighting up the way it is intended to light up so all is good, it’s brightness wasn’t supposed to be very bright and I think it could be because of how it lights up ores without 15 blocks of it
The magic lantern is supposed to give off the same amount of light as the crimson heart

The light projectiles emit is determined in a somewhat convoluted way, but as far as i understand, they emit the same level of light, just the Crimson Heart emits a color that has twice the perceived brightness than that of the Magic Lantern (0.18 vs 0.09).

There might be a difference from the PC version (which is unusual) causing that, from a quick test i did on PC their intensity doesn't seem that different when considering the higher humanly perceived brightness. This is also heavily influenced by the lighting setting on PC, for example "white" lighting makes the perceived difference much smaller, while "retro" makes it much larger.

1712875520222.png
1712875621547.png

It was the same for a few minutes when I first equipped it then I went to a different world and the brightness became the same as in the picture

Back
Top Bottom