Weapons & Equip Make Guns feel more satisfying.

XSlayer300

Wall of Flesh
I feel like guns are not as satisfying when compared to other weapons to the likes of bows, magic weapons and especially swords. Notably comparing the visual effects from the other weapons in other classes, guns (and ranged weapons in general) lack visual effects other than spewing bullets.

What I propose is that guns should have at least a muzzle flash and shell casingswhen fired, depending on either the weapon or the bullet, along with particle effects to simulate muzzle flash, smoke, sparks and so on. Visual recoil should also be a thing on some slow-firing guns, with the gun receiving impact after every shot. Long bullet trails and smoke should be a thing too!

I also want bullet impact effects to feel more noticeable somewhat (as currently they're quite lacking imo), I also want to see the effects when an enemy gets hit by it through sparks or more particles depending on their hitsound. I just want to use guns in my playthroughs since I am mostly a ranged player.

Here's an example GIF of what I've thought in mind (game here is WarFowards):
GIF 5-14-2023 3-42-57 PM.gif

Would be cool if the shotguns shoved you back a bit

(now just add a unique reforge solely for the boomstick called "special" and make it give you 50x self-knockback [for karl ofc ⛏])

Lack of impact?
Stick this little thingy (or its more invasive adult-oriented variant) into USB and enjoy each single impact your character gets/makes.
And cut that out with ridiculous suggestions.

Guns are OK in Terraria.
No visual clutter.
Viability from early- to endgame.
Enough variety.

Back
Top Bottom