Weapons & Equip Make hardmode ore swords worth using

I think it's important to keep the ore weapons worse than pretty much anything else you can find since they are so easily obtainable. However, I would like the swords and waraxes to have some use rather than none!

I like the idea if swinging animations!

I think it's important to keep the ore weapons worse than pretty much anything else you can find since they are so easily obtainable. However, I would like the swords and waraxes to have some use rather than none!

I like the idea if swinging animations!
I've seen a bunch of threads along these lines and each time I've had the same take. They aren't supposed to be flashy or powerful, they're supposed to be plain and serviceable. At most they should get updated swing animations, like other Melee weapons did in 1.4.4. (I say at most, but honestly I think they deserve them.)

I agree the waraxes need a buff, though, because as they are they fail as both weapons and axes. Axe power barely matters at all, and they're slower than multiple pre-Hardmode axes. And their damage is very poor, too.

I've seen a bunch of threads along these lines and each time I've had the same take. They aren't supposed to be flashy or powerful, they're supposed to be plain and serviceable. At most they should get updated swing animations, like other Melee weapons did in 1.4.4. (I say at most, but honestly I think they deserve them.)

I agree the waraxes need a buff, though, because as they are they fail as both weapons and axes. Axe power barely matters at all, and they're slower than multiple pre-Hardmode axes. And their damage is very poor, too.
Im pretty sure the war axes are for show cuz they suck balz

part of the reason i didn't use them is getting a breaker with a good modifier is generally stronger/almost stronger than the first 2/3 of the hardmode ores, so i just saved all my ores for armor and pickaxes. since you can get a lot of good melee weapons early hardmode they're kinda unnecessary.

they could be buffed to be worth using like increase damage or make the spear act like rotten fork where it is a short range projectile.

part of the reason i didn't use them is getting a breaker with a good modifier is generally stronger/almost stronger than the first 2/3 of the hardmode ores, so i just saved all my ores for armor and pickaxes. since you can get a lot of good melee weapons early hardmode they're kinda unnecessary.
I just craft a wooden hammer whenever I'm building because it's cheaper. When I already killed the wof I just use the pwnhammer cuz its the superior hammer. Also I'm pretty sure most people who are new to the game will probably craft hardmode ore swords because they see the damage and don't actaully know how dog:red: they really are.

I just craft a wooden hammer whenever I'm building because it's cheaper. When I already killed the wof I just use the pwnhammer cuz its the superior hammer. Also I'm pretty sure most people who are new to the game will probably craft hardmode ore swords because they see the damage and don't actaully know how dog:red: they really are.
If it's there for new players to craft before they find something better, that's reason enough for it to remain as it is. Compared to all of the better weapons, the Hardmode ore swords are obvious and easy to get.

Back
Top Bottom