NPCs & Enemies Make it so favourited critters that can be normally used as bait can't be used as bait

I'm doing an all items collection playthrough and I just lost a gold butterfly due to accidentally fishing with it and let me tell you I am MAD.

I think that either critters that can be fished with shouldn't be available as bait if favourited, or the actual bait items (Apprentice, Journeyman, Master) should take priority if they have the highest fishing power (including if they are tied with another bait item, even if they aren't at the top of the inventory.

It's a strangely specific request but I'm sure you can guess why. :(

While I would be mad too, if the same happened, but I think the "top inventory takes priority" rule is still the most player-friendly. you can just take the highest bait there and you're all set. and that way it's easiest to switch out bait, like if you want to use up some lower quality bait first, or if you have lava bait, when it would be a problem, if the others take priority, that won't work in lava without the lava-proof hook, or hotline fishing rod.

While I would be mad too, if the same happened, but I think the "top inventory takes priority" rule is still the most player-friendly. you can just take the highest bait there and you're all set. and that way it's easiest to switch out bait, like if you want to use up some lower quality bait first, or if you have lava bait, when it would be a problem, if the others take priority, that won't work in lava without the lava-proof hook, or hotline fishing rod.
Yeah, I suppose. It allows for greater player choice I guess. Maybe if it's favourited specifically though? Favouriting is supposed to make it so that you can't lose items. Perhaps it would have to be extended to ammo as well though. I guess you might also want ammo in your inventory that you don't want to accidentally throw out but you do want to use.

So I guess the best option is just to be careful.

Yeah, I suppose. It allows for greater player choice I guess. Maybe if it's favourited specifically though? Favouriting is supposed to make it so that you can't lose items. Perhaps it would have to be extended to ammo as well though. I guess you might also want ammo in your inventory that you don't want to accidentally throw out but you do want to use.

So I guess the best option is just to be careful.
Yeah also note that like ammo some players (like me) keep bait in their inventory using the favorite feature so as to not accidentally stash it in chests. That said the default order of items coming into your inventory shouldn't set newly acquired bait items to take the lure that was how I lost a green jellyfish in the past. >_<
It can be avoided by careful inventory arrangement to keep all open slots far down in your inventory but it is something to be wary of.

Back
Top Bottom