Game Mechanics Make NPC's special unlock requirements one-time-only

The Demolitionist needs bombs in your inventory to unlock, but if he dies, he actually won't respawn again until you're holding bombs at day again, and so on. How about changing NPCs so after properly unlocking them once, they can always respawn by default as long as a proper house exists?

Affected list:
-Dye Trader (no longer needs inventory dye materials/strange plant after first time)
-Arms Dealer (no longer needs inventory bullet/gun after first time)
-Demolitionist (no longer needs inventory explosive after first time)
-Merchant (no longer needs 50+ silver in inventory after first time)
-Party Girl (no longer respawns by random chance after the first time)

Party Girl should stay as she is. Her arriving is dependent on the number of NPCs already in the world. This is similar to the Painter.

Agree with changing the other NPCs.

Huh? I'm talking about her unique 2.5% chance to spawn that is separate after requirements are met (the free house, and the number of people in town). The Painter comes after just having the number of people and the house, the Party Girl needs the house and a bigger number of people compared to the Painter, plus she has a separate thing where every morning she would be eligible with those 2 requirements, the game rolls a 2.5% chance to put her in or just skip this day for her recruitment. It keeps the low chance per day after she accidentally dies and you need to get her back again, number of people in town already being accounted for.

Party Girl

Yes, I know of the chance, but I still think Party Girl should stay as she is. The chance of getting the Party Girl is kind of like the chance of getting a Travelling Merchant or Skeleton Merchant.

Oh ok, with the way you said it I was thinking you meant she merely needed more people like the Painter and that's why she wasn't coming to me or something, glad to know.
I probably wouldn't want to make that lucky argument about her myself but I completely understand your point in that

Back
Top Bottom