Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Oh lord, no.

• Total voters

FireAndSteel

Terrarian
I think that Ocean is one of most poor biomes in Terraria, since it only has coral reefs, water chests, and some enemies along with one boss. So, why not make it more lively? I have some ideas.

Most of hardmode players already know an underground snow biome enemy - Icy Merman. However, we haven't ever got to meet normal Merfolk, as separate enemies. Yeah, players do turn into one of them when they have Neptune's Shell in one of accessory slots, so why not make them appear in Ocean naturally? We could use the Neptune's Shell merfolk sprites to recreate natural ones. About Atlantis: it would be just a bunch of structures at bottom of Ocean, having Ocean-themed furniture and blocks, with unique treasures inside.

Indeed, Ocean should be bit deeper, so we could explore it all way down. It also would make structures like Atlantis, which I mentioned earlier possible to appear.

Aren't you confused where the pirates, that attacks us on Pirate Invasion comes from? Well, this question leads us to another suggestion: naturally appearing pirate ships structures.

Wider Ocean would be a big upgrade, and a mini-biomes, such as islands could appear, having exotic animals and unique NPC's on it. These NPC's,however, wouldn't move to your house. Width of Ocean will depend on size of world. How to get to other islands? Well, a new craftable Boat Mount could be added, finally making true use for sails sold by Pirate.

More entities will be more fun! For now, we've only got jellyfish, sharks and Duke Fishron as Ocean entities, so why not add more, like octopuses, seahorses, fishes etc.?

Let me know what you think about these suggestions in replies and poll!

Sounds definitly good. I'd love if oceans were larger and you could loop around your world, making the ocean not only the world border but a true place to explore

Back
Top Bottom