Game Mechanics make skyblock boss-complete

soqb

Terrarian
currently, terraria is not completable given starting conditions that consist of a single 200 block wide dirt platform. the components missing that stop us from defeating every boss follow:
  • shimmer. not technically a hard requirement for anything but would allow access to some other entries on this list.
  • water. not actually a requirement for duke fishron, but might be for dreadnautilus (wiki doesn't say).
    • water bucket can be obtained from shimmering lava from lava slimes (maybe an alternative would be nice for normal mode?)
    • perhaps we could place buckets that fill up with rain on surface, lava in hell and honey in the jungle
  • jungle biome. we need this for plantera.
    • we can get mud from water + dirt but we still need jungle seeds
    • jungle grass can be made from mushroom grass using green solution.
  • mushroom biome. we need this for duke fishron and it would also let us make a jungle biome
    • maybe a new shimmer recipe for turning mushrooms into glowing mushrooms
    • glowing mushrooms can be decrafted from healing potions but don't contribute to the biome requirements. this could be changed or some way of placing them on mud could be added.
  • lihzahrd altar
    • frankly, i can't think of a good way to make this seamless, but maybe something to do with post-plantera solar eclipse.

you realize that people have been able to beat skyblock with just a block of jungle grass and some shimmer

perhaps we could place buckets that fill up with rain on surface
I’ve already given slimes a small chance to have grass seeds, jungle grass seeds, and acorns. Jungle grass seeds can be shimmered into mushroom grass seeds.

Dungeon bricks can be crafted out of hardmode ore now, and I’m considering making the old man’s spawn point periodically look for a dungeon tile if one isn’t set. This would allow players to build their own dungeon(and fight Skeletron) if one never existed. Not sure if map makers can accomplish this, though. Maybe TEdit can provide that functionality.

I’m also exploring the idea of a Freeze Bomb that turns water into Ice Blocks.

I do really like the idea of buckets filling up with rain. I’m gonna talk to the team about that.

Edit: We could make Plantera drop Lihzahrd stuff if your world has none.

Last edited:
I'd like to have a way to get the hellforge in a skyblock world like: lava fishing in hell biome or something like, as until now hellforge is unobitainable in skyblock.I understand some items to be unrenewable, but hellforges are not rare of dificult ot obtain and it is a important progress marker so I do not see a reason to keep it a "regular only" feature, and so I do want a Skyblock way to get them.

I’ve already given slimes a small chance to have grass seeds, jungle grass seeds, and acorns. Jungle grass seeds can be shimmered into mushroom grass seeds.

Dungeon bricks can be crafted out of hardmode ore now, and I’m considering making the old man’s spawn point periodically look for a dungeon tile if one isn’t set. This would allow players to build their own dungeon(and fight Skeletron) if one never existed. Not sure if map makers can accomplish this, though. Maybe TEdit can provide that functionality.

I’m also exploring the idea of a Freeze Bomb that turns water into Ice Blocks.

I do really like the idea of buckets filling up with rain. I’m gonna talk to the team about that.

Edit: We could make Plantera drop Lihzahrd stuff if your world has none.
Acorns have been a bottleneck for map ideas, but generally that is left gated behind eye of cthulu. You see, corruption/crimson seeds make it so that all you need for the jungle is to corrupt some mud and then use purification powder on it. Of course the issue of getting housing and dirt comes before that....

I like the idea of moving the old man point (and consequently the cultists). Any way to make it more intentional? Some sort of place-able cult shrine or something?

If there was some means to fish in lava fairly early, (in my non-shimmer map I just place hellstone ore for crafting the lavaproof bug net) then you can aquire water by fishing up water bombs. The lava comes from lava slimes or breaking the hellstone ore. It's actually very cool progression.

<3 the freeze bomb, that's perfect.

Back
Top Bottom