Weapons & Equip Make The Ancient Set Actually Armour

I originally had this idea in this thread by @Bed_breaker117: make Vanity armors into actual armor! not a suggestion just an idea! But that wasn't actually a suggestion, it was just a fun idea that he didn't want to be put into the game.

So currently, there is almost no reason to visit the Underground Desert in Hardmode, apart from the Desert Key (for the Desert Tiger Staff) and the Desert Spirit Lamp (for the Spirit Flame), and my idea gives more reason to visit it. So ghouls in the Underground Desert currently have a chance to drop some Ancient Cloth, which is used to craft the Ancient set, which is currently pure vanity. But I think that is has potential as an actual armour set that gives defense and stat increases. My idea is that it is a double class armour that combines ranger and summoner. It would be crafted the same way as Frost Armour or Forbidden Armour, except with Ancient Cloth instead of Frost Cores or Forbidden Fragments (as in, Titanium or Adamantite Bars and Ancient Cloth).

1612901047477.png
Ancient Headdress
Defense: 6
Stats: 12% increased ranged damage, 7% ranged critical strike chance, and 9% increased summon damage.

1612901573709.png
Ancient Garments
Defense: 14
Stats: 5% increased damage, 2% increased critical strike chance, and +1 minion slots

1612901719088.png
Ancient Slacks
Defense: 9
Stats: 7% increased movement speed, 4% increased ranged critical strike chance, and 5% increased summon damage

1612902028380.png
1612902036061.png
Full Set
Defense: 29
Set Bonus: +1 Minion Slot, and ranger and minion attacks have a chance to create sand explosions that don't deal damage to the enemy hit but deal AoE damage to all other enemies
Stats: 12% increased ranged damage, 11% ranged critical strike chance, 14% increased summon damage, +5 classless damage, +2 minion slots, and 7% increased movement speed

These stats are not final, so feel free to give feedback!

Last edited:
good idea! it seems to be a ranger-ish mostly summon with a bit of omin class mixed into it! question:are the tornadoes related to the tome of inite knowledge type tornadoes?
also I do want my idea to be added as a mod,but I don't know how to mod.

I think it should use tier 2 bars,therefore,we could add other armors around that tier.

good idea! it seems to be a ranger-ish mostly summon with a bit of omin class mixed into it! question:are the tornadoes related to the tome of inite knowledge type tornadoes?
also I do want my idea to be added as a mod,but I don't know how to mod.

I think it should use tier 2 bars,therefore,we could add other armors around that tier.
It doesn't create tornadoes. I said sand explosions, with similar size and shape to the explosions from Exploding Bullets.

Back
Top Bottom