Weapons & Equip Making Jester's Arrows Make Sense, or Swapping Chlorophyte Helmet Variants

bad_news

Duke Fishron
Just a minor nitpick, but one I feel would fit perfectly.

Current Chlorophyte Headgear:
Chlorophyte_Mask.png
- Melee
Chlorophyte_Helmet.png
- Ranged

I simply propose these be swapped.

Why? Simple: the current melee helmet looks like a jester's hat. Why is this relevant? Jester's Arrows.

I really see no reason to not do this, and it would make using jester's arrows and chlorophyte armor more fun overall in my opinion.

Last edited:
Just because the chlorophyte helmet may look like a jester's hat doesn't meant it is. They're clearly horns, and the mask covers the entire face for max defense, like a tanky helmet would look. The ranged helmet is just that - a helmet. It doesn't even look like it would defend much, as it shows all of your face. They're really fitting as is, and that's why they were made how they are now. Changing it wouldn't make sense, and it might confuse some people.

Just because the chlorophyte helmet may look like a jester's hat doesn't meant it is. They're clearly horns, and the mask covers the entire face for max defense, like a tanky helmet would look. The ranged helmet is just that - a helmet. It doesn't even look like it would defend much, as it shows all of your face. They're really fitting as is, and that's why they were made how they are now. Changing it wouldn't make sense, and it might confuse some people.
That logic doesn't work though, since other sets don't follow that scheme. Example:
Adamantite_Helmet.png
- Adamantite Melee
Adamantite_Mask.png
- Adamantite Ranged.
Basically, Adamantite is the opposite of what you just said. According to that logic, Adamantite armor doesn't make sense and would be better if it were switched.

That logic doesn't work though, since other sets don't follow that scheme. Example:
Adamantite_Helmet.png
- Adamantite Melee
Adamantite_Mask.png
- Adamantite Ranged.
Basically, Adamantite is the opposite of what you just said. According to that logic, Adamantite armor doesn't make sense and would be better if it were switched.
I forgot about that, but that shouldn't be switched either, as many people might get confused, and people already have these items in their vanity, and might have their outfits ruined. This would force them to gather more materials. You should never need to grind materials for something like this.

I like the logic behind this, but I don't want this in-game.

Why?

A lot of players, new and old alike, will be very confused.

the basis behind this logic is pretty much the same as the "triangle=illuminati" joke. which to me just seems like a half assed reason to change it in the first place.

not to mention the confusion that will arise.

sorry, but no.

I forgot about that, but that shouldn't be switched either, as many people might get confused, and people already have these items in their vanity, and might have their outfits ruined. This would force them to gather more materials. You should never need to grind materials for something like this.
What if those who have it equipped in armor get the graphical change, but those who have it in vanity get the helmet change (which would remain the same look, but different stats, but as vanity that shouldn't matter)?

Also about the chlorophyte jester thing.. huh? It's just a name. It would be like wanting molten armor to become a ranged armor because hellfire arrows. I think it's fine as-is.

What if those who have it equipped in armor get the graphical change, but those who have it in vanity get the helmet change (which would remain the same look, but different stats, but as vanity that shouldn't matter)?

Also about the chlorophyte jester thing.. huh? It's just a name. It would be like wanting molten armor to become a ranged armor because hellfire arrows. I think it's fine as-is.

And changing Jungle Armor to melee because Blade of Grass.

the basis behind this logic is pretty much the same as the "triangle=illuminati" joke.

... I sense a false analogy...

I like the logic behind this, but I don't want this in-game.

Why?

A lot of players, new and old alike, will be very confused.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's just a thematic thing that seems like it fits. I do think it would be better if it had started like this so that there would be no reason to change.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's just a thematic thing that seems like it fits. I do think it would be better if it had started like this so that there would be no reason to change.

But there's no point in changing it now.

You could always use TCCL, if this really bothers you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
there's no thematic relation between chlorophyte and jesters arrows. you are just looking at the helmet and saying "oh lookie, it looks kinda like a jesters hat, there NEEDS to be this relation, so the game needs to change because of it."

it IS the same logic as looking at a triangle and saying "illumanati confirmed" scraping up the bare minimum resemblance, and saying there is a connection.

save everyone the confusion, and wear it in your vanity slot.

it would make using jester's arrows and chlorophyte armor more fun overall in my opinion.

I don't know about you, but I don't find having a certain visual to match what I'm shooting that entertaining, if at all.

Also, the Adamantite Mask looks like you could smash the skull inside it easily.

Back
Top Bottom