Making Terraria Beautiful Again

Henyx

Terrarian
Hello Terraria community, I'm Henyx, a simple dude who had an interesting idea whilst playing one of his favorite games: What if Terraria had better lighting / shaders?

Now, I know some of you may be asking yourselves: "What do you mean?" or "What does this have to do with me?"

Well, here's the deal, I invision a Terraria mod, (client side only, not really affecting gameplay or other players) that allowed the lighting to be incredibly dynamic, fluent, and overall, well, beautiful. I imagine most of you have played minecraft in one way or another, and have also probably heard of Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders, (Link:http://www.sonicether.com/seus/) and I was wondering if anything like this could be possible within Terraria's engine.

I've tried going into the XNB files for the original shaders, but sadly, I wasn't able to decipher the code, or what anything belongs to. (I'm not very good with code :T) So I decided to come here in search of individuals to form a team to make this small dream into a wonderful reality.

Although I cannot code, my photoshop skills are sharp, so I can offer detailed texture editing if necessary.

Please, if any of you are interested, and have the skill required to make this happen, I highly encourage you to:

-Send me a friend request on steam (https://steamcommunity.com/id/officialhenyx/)
-Add me on discord (Henyx#9735)

I have some concept art ready if you would like to see what I mean, as well as more little ideas and ways to get started.

(Original)
I8MojdV.png

(Shader Concept)
MGGkkS3.png

I hope to hear from you soon!

Now I must say that it is a really cool concept, It also looks very beautiful in my opinion, im glad to follow you and your idea :D (Also kinda wish i though of this my self for my own mod)

The concept art looks like the sky at sunset/sunrise, so I was thinking that it would be cool to make a mod/shader/texture pack for that because Terraria doesn't have very good sunrise or sunset sky textures so the mod, shader, or texture pack to add beautiful skies, not just a blue area with clouds and the sun.

Back
Top Bottom