Items Making the Grappling Hook more useful.

If you are too lazy to respond, vote!

• Total voters

Theo

Official Terrarian
tumblr_lm7ddtCfHX1qa69wso1_r1_500.gif
So, do you remember this guy right here? ->
Grappling_Hook.png

It is (supposedly) the first grappling hook you will obtain. But let's be honest here, most of the times, the first hook you'll get will be one of the gem hooks, as they are easier to craft. So, what if we gave the "first" grappling hook some properties to make it more useful and more worth grinding for its materials?
This is my proposal:

Grappling_Hook.png

Grappling Hook (could be renamed)
11 Melee Damage (negotiationable)
No Knockback
4% Crit Chance
Rarity_color_1.png
rarity
"Get over here!"

What's special about that, you may ask. Well, when you launch it against an enemy, it will bring it towards you, dealing damage on the target while latched on it. This will also make its tooltip more suitable.
That wraps up my suggestion. What do you think? Leave your opinion below, criticism is always welcome.

Weaponizing a hook. You are so creative! How did you ever come up with this?

Weaponizing a hook. You are so creative! How did you ever come up with this?
You're not the first one to suggest this. Just saying. :D

Anyway, I question its usefulness. I use grappling hooks to get out of trouble, reaching for ceilings to get away from enemies or cutting short a deadly plunge.
Heeling in enemies is what would get you into trouble (especially if you were trying to hook onto a tile, not a monster).

I agree with @Gotcha! I use my grappling hook for getting out of sticky situations. I would hate to try to get out of trouble using this and latch on to a monster instead the tile I was aiming for. It's a cool idea , but I don't support this.

I'm okay with this as long as you separate it between hooks that can do this, and hooks that can't. That way, people who don't want this functionality can avoid hooks that have it.

Anyway, I question its usefulness. I use grappling hooks to get out of trouble, reaching for ceilings to get away from enemies or cutting short a deadly plunge.
Heeling in enemies is what would get you into trouble (especially if you were trying to hook onto a tile, not a monster).
Too me i don't think this should be implemented.

But he doesn't mean that ALL hooks will act like this, only original Grappling Hook.After adding Gem hooks Grappling Hook is useless and this suggestion is really a "new breath" for it.

But he doesn't mean that ALL hooks will act like this, only original Grappling Hook.After adding Gem hooks Grappling Hook is useless and this suggestion is really a "new breath" for it.
If it's all the same to you I am not going to reply to this since you dug up a really old post of mine.
Edit: Well, I guess I did reply to it now. :rolleyes:

Wl if we could unlach in in midle flit it will help to get rid of those nasty capitans in the pirate invasion there

Back
Top Bottom