Many's Riddle #1: NPC spawns NPC

This is Many

Retinazer
Hello Terarria connoisseurs!
I decided to make some riddles to check how many people know Terraria well!
The point of my riddles is to impose the largest number of correct answers with a minimum number of incorrect ones.
This is the first riddle, and it is about NPCs.
Zombie.gif

Rules of a riddle:
!!! By NPC I mean any creature, mob, boss, town NPC or anyone else that has its own NPC ID !!!

- Name all NPCs that can directly create other NPC(s) in any way (e.g.: after death / on spawn / while alive) with any condition (e.g.: in Expert Mode).

- The only exceptions are NPCs that requires any actions from player to spawn other NPC (e.g.: Tortured Soul, spawns Tax Collector but only if player uses Purification Powder).
These NPCs will be considered as a borderline answer, meaning they will not be right or wrong. An action means that only the player can do it, for example, killing an NPC is not an action that only the player can do.

- All NPCs that have several IDs (e.g.: Worms) will be considered as one answer, as well as NPCs that have other textures under another ID, but the same behavior (e.g.: Xmas Zombie). Same for NPCs who can become other NPCs and back.

- Only NPCs that can create other NPCs directly are considered as correct answers. Therefore, Voodoo Demon and similar are incorrect answers, since NPCs themselves cannot create other NPCs, in the case of Voodoo Demon, only the Guide Voodoo Doll spawns the Wall of Flesh, but not the NPC itself.

I found 79 right answers and 14 borderline, but I am not a god of Terraria and can make mistakes, so if you found more you're welcome!
This riddle is really difficult, and I think that without knowing Terraria at the code level it is almost impossible to solve it completely right.

But anyway, I look forward to your answers and hope that there is someone who can find every right one!

Current record: 23 right and 7 wrong by @Eye Of Cthulhu🌳.

Last edited:
Example of an answer:

1. Blue Slime
2. Hornet
3. Duke Fishron with Expert Mode
4. Every mob in jungle
5. Zombie (border)

So, let me try to better understand this. If you mean killing a NPC would not count. So, for example, the mother slime spawns the baby slime on death, so would this count or no.

So, let me try to better understand this. If you mean killing a NPC would not count. So, for example, the mother slime spawns the baby slime on death, so would this count or no.
- Name all NPCs that can directly create other NPC(s) in any way (e.g.: after death / on spawn / while alive) with any condition (e.g.: in Expert Mode).
- The only exceptions are NPCs that requires any actions from player to spawn other NPC (e.g.: Tortured Soul, spawns Tax Collector but only if player uses Purification Powder).
These NPCs will be considered as a borderline answer, meaning they will not be right or wrong. An action means that only the player can do it, for example, killing an NPC is not an action that only the player can do.​
it would

Ok, if I understand this correctly, some answers would be mother slime, king slime, queen slime, the hungry from the wall of flesh, the moon lord, gollem, prismatic lacewing, and alien queen. Please let me know if these are correct answers.

King slime, EoC, EoW(ftw) Queen bee,(if you really count Skeletron summoning Dark casters in FtW), WoF, Queen slime, Destroyer, Plantera, Golem(head is an npc), Duke fishron, Lunatic cultist, Moon lord, Mother slime, Fire imp, Dark caster, Tim, Rune wizard, Corruptor, Slimer, Corrupt slime, Mourning wood, Pumpking, Santa-nk1, Scutlix mount, Twinkle popper, Star cell, Drakomere rider, Solar pillar, Drakinean, Flying Dutchman, Pirate captain, Goblin summoner, goblin mage(?) The hungry, Prismatic lacewing, Alien queen, alien larvae, Alien hornet, Dark mage, Ogre, Bound wizard, goblin, stylist and unconscious man, Wall creepers, black recluse, Jungle creeper, Wizard npc, and Finally, Martian engineer.

King slime, EoC, EoW(ftw) Queen bee,(if you really count Skeletron summoning Dark casters in FtW), WoF, Queen slime, Destroyer, Plantera, Golem(head is an npc), Duke fishron, Lunatic cultist, Moon lord, Mother slime, Fire imp, Dark caster, Tim, Rune wizard, Corruptor, Slimer, Corrupt slime, Mourning wood, Pumpking, Santa-nk1, Scutlix mount, Twinkle popper, Star cell, Drakomere rider, Solar pillar, Drakinean, Flying Dutchman, Pirate captain, Goblin summoner, goblin mage(?) The hungry, Prismatic lacewing, Alien queen, alien larvae, Alien hornet, Dark mage, Ogre, Bound wizard, goblin, stylist and unconscious man, Wall creepers, black recluse, Jungle creeper, Wizard npc, and Finally, Martian engineer.
If I count right you have 23 right, 6 wrong and 5 borderlines. Very well, pretty surprised that someone know about spiders.

Which ones are wrong/borderline?
Wrong:
1. Rune wizard, it fires projectiles
2. Mourning wood, it fires projs too
3. Santa-nk1, again with projectiles and without mask it is one NPC
4. Scutlix mount, rider and mount are separate
5. Drakanian, 100% wrong
6. Ogre, it summons no NPCs, spits are projs
7. Wizard npc, I think you mean unbound Wizard so it is wrong

Border:
1. Drakomire rider, Drakomire is right but with rider I think it is border because you used logic that it is right because of rider
2. 3. 4. 5. Bound wizard, goblin, stylist and unconscious man

at total 7 wrongs, I counted not right first time

Wrong:
1. Rune wizard, it fires projectiles
2. Mourning wood, it fires projs too
3. Santa-nk1, again with projectiles and without mask it is one NPC
I thought so

4. Scutlix mount, rider and mount are separate
Ah, right
5. Drakanian, 100% wrong
Doesn't it summon destroyable fireballs, or are they not nops
6. Ogre, it summons no NPCs, spits are projs
Ok
7. Wizard npc, I think you mean unbound Wizard so it is wrong
The Wizards Fireballs?
Border:
1. Drakomire rider, Drakomire is right but with rider I think it is border because you used logic that it is right because of rider
2. 3. 4. 5. Bound wizard, goblin, stylist and unconscious man
Ok
at total 7 wrongs, I counted not right first time

Back
Top Bottom