tModLoader Material Trader NPC

We discussed some things with @Krollbotid and decided that bugs should be fixed. He cannot publish updated version now, so I will upload it here.
Renewed description:
Material Trader Npc adds 8 NPCs, who trades materials from vanilla Terraria.
NPCs are: The "Jungle Trader", the "Desert Trader", the "Cavern Trader", the "Ocean Trader", the "Winter Trader", the "Sky Trader", the "Hell Trader" and the "Dungeon Trader".
NPCs spawn conditions:
Jungle Trader - have Jungle Spore or Stinger in inventory.
Desert Trader - have Antlion Mandible in inventory.
Cavern Trader - have Blinkroot or Cobweb in inventory.
Ocean Trader - have Coral or Starfish in inventory.
Winter Trader - have Snow or Ice Block in inventory.
Sky Trader - have Feather in inventory.
Hell Trader - have Eater of World/Brain of Cthulhu defeated and Hellstone or Ash Block in inventory.
Dungeon Trader - defeat Skeletron.
v1.0.2
Added Dungeon Trader. Spawns after beating Skeletron.
Fixed animations, attacks and party hats of all NPCs.
Cavern Trader, Desert Trader, Dungeon Trader, Hell Trader, Jungle Trader, Ocean Trader, Sky Trader, Winter Trader.
Current view of NPCs.png

Attachments

• MaterialTraderNpc v1.0.2.zip
    61 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
We discussed some things with @Krollbotid and decided that bugs should be fixed. He cannot publish updated version now, so I will upload it here.
Renewed description:
Material Trader Npc adds 7 NPCs, who trades materials from vanilla Terraria.
NPCs are: The "Jungle Trader", the "Desert Trader", the "Cavern Trader", the "Ocean Trader", the "Winter Trader", the "Sky Trader", the "Hell Trader" and the "Dungeon Trader".
NPCs spawn conditions:
Jungle Trader - have Jungle Spore or Stinger in inventory.
Desert Trader - have Antlion Mandible in inventory.
Cavern Trader - have Blinkroot or Cobweb in inventory.
Ocean Trader - have Coral or Starfish in inventory.
Winter Trader - have Snow or Ice Block in inventory.
Sky Trader - have Feather in inventory.
Hell Trader - have Eater of World/Brain of Cthulhu defeated and Hellstone or Ash Block in inventory.
Dungeon Trader - defeat Skeletron.
v1.0.2
Added Dungeon Trader. Spawns after beating Skeletron.
Fixed animations, attacks and party hats of all NPCs.
Cavern Trader, Desert Trader, Dungeon Trader, Hell Trader, Jungle Trader, Ocean Trader, Sky Trader, Winter Trader.
View attachment 198961
we ever gonna get those crimson/corruption traders?

I probably will add them in a short time. But the textures will be just a redrawing of vanilla nips. The reason is both - Gregg and I are tired of working with custom textures and editing animation bugs.
we ever gonna get those crimson/corruption traders?

Hell and Dungeon Traders have been completed in last update because I had the code for them and the animation for the Hell Trader before I stopped making an updates of mod.
But anyway, Thanks, @VVV101.

Last edited:
its modded content but you can generate endless money with Antlion Maraca form thorium mod (you can buy content for 30 silver and sell for 35).
voodoo doll, turtle shell, forbidden fragment quite cheap

How about some ore or bar trader? With him you can trade e.g. 4 iron bar for 1 silver bar, 4 silver bar for 1 gold bar, .. or other direction for 1 gold you can get 2 silver bar or 4 iron bar,...

Last edited:
its modded content but you can generate endless money with Antlion Maraca form thorium mod (you can buy content for 30 silver and sell for 35).
So at now my mod support only Elements Awoken mod, but prices for these fragments are really bad, i think. About Antlion Maraca? I`ll setup custom price for antlion mandible if thorium installed in next update, also i`ll change standart price fo 9 silver.

voodoo doll, turtle shell, forbidden fragment quite cheap
Yes, Forbidden fragment, ice core and tutrtle shell probably have small prices, i`ll change it to 20 or 25 gold instead 5 gold now. (just when i set this prices it was hard because you need think about rarity and usefulness of item and then setup price in COPPER coin :). Voodoo doll... I need multiply it for 10:D

How about some ore or bar trader? With him you can trade e.g. 4 iron bar for 1 silver bar, 4 silver bar for 1 gold bar, .. or other direction for 1 gold you can get 2 silver bar or 4 iron bar,...
-_-I make Traders depending brom biomes, not item species. Also i don`t know how to setup npc trade item for item

And Fargo`s mod`s infinity relic allow you to make really infinity coins (as example infinty treasure bag opening)

Last edited:
What does the cool guy sell,also seems like he won't spawn,even though i have multiple modded npcs
Hmm, I don't know why Cool Guy doesndo spawn. Maybe you should wait more? And Cool Guy sells Surface (forest) materials, Boss unique materials, and invasions materials. There are no many materials, but other mods can fill empty space. So i'll try solve the problem as soon as I can.

I have forgotten remove hardmode condition, so Cool Guy spawns only in Hardmode. When I'll return home, I'll change it. I think - 2,5 months

More questions.Can you add the hellstone ore to the cavern trader? And make the Cool Guy's Cosmic Materials a lot expensive.Like 15 gold each.

Also make the cool guy sell the Essences of Cinder,Eleum,Chaos from the calamity mod.Make him sell the cores of Cinder,Eleum,Chaos.Make them expensive thought.

More questions. Can you add the hellstone ore to the cavern trader? And make the Cool Guy's Cosmic Materials a lot expensive. Like 15 gold each.
Hellstone has already added to the Hell Trader. I'll think about changing prices, but 15 gold is too expensive, i think no more than 7 gold.
Also make the cool guy sell the Essences of Cinder,Eleum,Chaos from the calamity mod.Make him sell the cores of Cinder,Eleum,Chaos.Make them expensive thought.
I think about Thorium support at first.
After it - Calamity. Also I won't update mod for 2,5 months. Any questions?

Back
Top Bottom